Is the Antichrist-stage set in premillennial eschatology?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von

Puritan Board Sophomore
Maybe this have been fleshed out by someone in a sermon series or a book, but I haven't found anything...
If you look at the premillennial timeline, you have the second coming of Christ before the Millenial earthly kingdom. But according to amillennial eschatology, the final antichrist will appear right at the end and deceive all the nations into submission, etc.
Will premillennial eschatology not fit right into the plan of the antichrist to create a world kingdom?

Maybe this have been fleshed out by someone in a sermon series or a book, but I haven't found anything...
If you look at the premillennial timeline, you have the second coming of Christ before the Millenial earthly kingdom. But according to amillennial eschatology, the final antichrist will appear right at the end and deceive all the nations into submission, etc.
Will premillennial eschatology not fit right into the plan of the antichrist to create a world kingdom?
I did not think that most Amils look to a final antichrist, as thought they would hold to the papacy being such?

I did not think that most Amils look to a final antichrist, as thought they would hold to the papacy being such?

Some do, some don't. In this instance, amillennial views on the antichrist appear to converge with some premillennial views.

So those A mils would see there being a Final apostasy in the church, and would see some futurist aspects to revelation then?

Yes. Some do. Not many. Augustine held to these types of future events. I think Riddlebarger holds to a future Antichrist, but I am not sure.

Yes. Some do. Not many.
Then I must be one of them. Growing up in a reformed covenantal church and being now in a Pre-mil baptist church probably does that to your theology...
Sorry, then - being in the minority, my question is probably irrelevant to the others or more hypothetical in nature.

I'm not completely settled on Covenant Premil, but yes, all premils would hold to a futurist view.
We would still see that some of the revelation and Second prophecies were fulfilled already, but that most of the prophecies concerning say what was recorded in revelation yet to happen, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back