Is Scalping a Sin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
p.s. I think taking war trophies in the form of scalps is sometimes permissible. Ears make a better necklace, however.

I think what @Ben Zartman was saying was the recreation of playing video games, rather than @Jonathan95 himself, is dumb. I know that's not quite how he worded it but I think that was the substance of the comment. I think we are allowed to refer to certain behaviours as foolish or a waste of time. Recreation should not be viewed as an end in itself but as a means of making us fit for our temporal and especially spiritual duties.
I thought Jonathan was contemplating selling a game console for far more than market value, and wondering if it would be ethical. In that case the buyer would be dumb, but the seller would be smart.
In general, though, I confess that I think adults who play video games are pretty silly. They are childish things, to be put away when one is no longer a child. That there is even a market for video games in mind-boggling to me when life has so much more to offer.
Again, this is only my opinion, but I think that grown men ought to turn their hand to manly pursuits.

Not to derail, but is calling your brother dumb ,modern vernacular not unable to speak, the equivalent of saying "You fool" Matt 5:22?
Matt 5:22 takes more of the nature of a curse, in my opinion. When Our Lord said "Ye fools and blind," He was not pronouncing a curse, He was describing their dumb-ness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back