Is Roman Catholicism dying ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear that we will see an explosion of Roman Catholics when the illegal immigrants that are flooding into our country gain citizenship or take an active approach to dealing with their status.
That's a good point, and something to consider.

Of all the providential events! We just had a staff meeting (forced attendance) with our local Capuchin monks. These "priests" are taking over the several different Catholic churchs in our community. They wanted to explain to my police agency that they were combining their staffs and thus saving money! Instead of having a local priest at each building, they will be working as a team of five priests to handle around 6 different churches and seeking to combine them into a more cohesive community. I wonder how this fits in with this thread? They are definately cutting back on their priests in our area, so is it because of the lack of priests to fill the slots or a lack of funding from the people?

I found it hard to remain silent when they started talking about "blessing our canines!" I think my Chief realized that I was both uncomfortable and upset by the meeting. Please pray for some doors to open for sharing the true gospel through this event!

I am not sure that the Roman church is dying. As was said earlier she is shedding her skin and adopting a slightly different appearance. Rome is dangerous in the extreme! She has given birth to a plethora of vile abominations and continues to do so (the drug dealers cult of death for example). Her abominations are only more undercover than they were before. I fear that we will see an explosion of Roman Catholics when the illegal immigrants that are flooding into our country gain citizenship or take an active approach to dealing with their status. We need to pray and more than ever be on our guard!

Amen brother : I concur with you “Rome is dangerous in the extreme!“ The church of Rome is now sadly also in my mind also very possibly the "whore of Babylon" and the papacy is in my mind an antichrist institution and many of her popes while maybe not consciously antichrist were and are doing the work of the antichrist...I agree completely with you when you said: “Her abominations are only more undercover than they were before“. The following by Charles Spurgeon is on Roman Catholicism and her antichrist pope. As an ex Roman catholic turned Protestant I think what he said is still very true today. Spurgeon wrote:

"Cursed be the man before the Lord, that riseth up and buildeth this city Jericho." Joshua 6:26
"Since he was cursed who rebuilt Jericho, much more the man who labours to restore Popery among us. In our fathers' days the gigantic walls of Popery fell by the power of their faith, the perseverance of their efforts, and the blast of their gospel trumpets; and now there are some who would rebuild that accursed system upon its old foundations. O Lord, be please to thwart their unrighteous endeavors, and pull down every stone which they build. It should be a serious business with us to be thoroughly purged of every error which may have a tendency to foster the spirit of Popery, and when we have made a clean sweep at home we should seek in every way to oppose its all too rapid spread abroad in the church and in the world.

Also the facts are 30 million Roman Catholics have left that church as I did and 15 million are now Protestants. But there have been 30 million Latin American immigrants who have filled the pews of those who left like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back