Is it heresy for J.I. Packer and Tim Keller to now endorse the Alpha Course?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alpha Course - Marriage Course

My wife and I attended the marriage course spawned by Alpha. As I always do I took notes and researched some of the people quoted. One of them was the leader of the British Humanist Society.

You have heard of full cream milk? semi-skimmed milk? and then skimmed milk? Well at some point it ceases to become milk (skimmed milk is almost indistinguishable from water in my opinion). Well the Alpha Marriage course is the skimmed milk!

We had a "convert" through the Alpha course who was openly living in sin with a woman and could not figure out why some in the church objected. It appears that Alpha failed to teach basic morality either as a failing or something that was binding on believers. There is a great deal of Bible-lite going around that tries to pass itself off for the real thing. I can say from experience that the Marriage Course is one, in feedback I suggested that more Biblical examples were needed to beef up the Christian input. I was told that the Bible was not an instruction manual to live by. It was the beginning of a parting of the ways.

I suspect Alpha is also Bible-lite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back