Is Hair Considered a Covering in Worship? Comparing 1 Corinthians 11:6 and 11:14, 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Robert :) What is the reason she gives for not wearing one?

Ive mentioned it a couple of times, My wife would feel embarrassed & self conscience.

She should take comfort in knowing that it is actually not easy to spot, depending on the type of covering. I knew this woman in my church who wore a covering that completely hid her hair and the material hung down her back maybe a foot. I did NOT know it was her headcovering! I thought it was just her style. And I wore my short covering (completely covering my hair and tucking it into the covering) and she did NOT know it was a covering! She later told me that she had thought it was just my style as well! So we talked to one another every week and went on like this for months, then finally one day she asked me and we found out that we both were wearing coverings and didn't even know it! Oh, and she should know there are many types of coverings and I'm sure she could find one she felt comfortable with.

But most of all, if she's convicted that there is even a possibility that it is a sin issue, doing God's will should be her main reason. Cover her glory, so God's glory shines during the service.

And to Mindy - I absolutely love and respect your strength and desire to do what is right! :D :D :D Might I please though, encourage you to take one more look at the arguments? When reading the arguments against head coverings, I wrote down their 5 or so objections. Then I read the best arguments against those 5 objections. I saw the best arguments defeated the 5 objections completely, leaving no doubt that I was to wear a covering. And the main reason is based on creation, because of headship, because of angels, and because God's glory is to be shown and not man's in the service. Paul does not appeal to culture which changes, but appeals to creation, which does not change with time. :)

I was going to contribute to the thread but held off, on pondering what Paul meant when he was saying that a woman if
she would pray & prophesy without her headcovering or with her head uncovered, she should be shorn or "for that is even all one as if she were shaven."

Is not the male shorn or shaven of head & doesn't he not have long hair as a natural covering, so then to be as one shaven is to be basically a man or for the woman, as Paul say, if she were taking the role & function of the male.

also what threw me off was when Paul finishes off the teaching with "But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God." which seems to invalidate all he said up to this point, but I realised he must
be referring to women praying & prophesying in Church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back