[iOS Beta] 1650 Split Leaf Psalter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rom

Puritan Board Junior
First of all, the response to the Android Beta has been overwhelming! I've gotten many heartfelt messages from people who have had their spiritual lives enhanced by the Android version. Praise God for that. If you already have the Android Beta - get the update on Google Play. There have been several updates including some key usability updates.

Today, I am also pleased to announce that the iOS build of the 1650 Split Leaf Psalter is available as a Closed Beta. If you are interested in being a Beta tester for iOS, PM me your email address. See below for the screenshots of the app on iOS. As in the Android version, you can select your tune and your psalm, play the MIDI, and search through the psalter. John Brown's Commentary is integrated (though Psalm 119 is still missing, but should be in before the 1.0 release).

May more people learn to sing the Words of Christ!

Blessings.

This is the thread with the information on the Android version -
http://puritanboard.com/threads/android-beta-1650-split-leaf-psalter-with-tunes.91925/

16178569_10154967679819771_3379395559963697090_o.jpg

16299708_10154967681484771_8643668627459131604_o.jpg

16252108_10154967680829771_2945566508953850765_o.jpg

Last edited:
I saw this on a friend's Android phone. Looks great, Rom! Look forward to the iOS for my apple products. Thank you for your labors!

Thanks, Josh! I expect that the iOS version will be in the app store within 2-3 weeks. Mostly because of how long Apple takes to approve an app (can take them up to 2 weeks).

Rom, what did you end up going with for the music portion? A PDF, an image, or is it something else? When we were looking into this way back when I seem to remember that Android not having native PDF support being an issue.

Really nice solution whatever it was!

Rom, what did you end up going with for the music portion? A PDF, an image, or is it something else? When we were looking into this way back when I seem to remember that Android not having native PDF support being an issue.

Really nice solution whatever it was!

Logan - what I ended up doing because of the PDF issues is something that I first had to implement for the Windows Phone (not desktop) version of the Book of Psalms for Worship. I exported the images as PNGs with certain compression criteria at 300dpi (so suitable for "Retina"/HiDPi screens). Since sheet music compresses pretty well (mostly white space) this works for the app. It works even better for the split leaf than the BOPFW since there isn't a unique setting per psalm. Right now with about 50 tunes (and audio) the app is about 30MB on Android. Which is quite reasonable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back