Iona -- Christian Celtic Prog-Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonGoodwin

Puritan Board Sophomore
Has anyone heard of these guys? They're from the UK.

I've been a fan of theirs since they came out in 1990 with their self-titled debut album

www.iona.uk.com

I've always been fascinated at what they can do with their music.

:)

I like the sound from the samples for Veil of Gossamer. The thought they have more of a jazz fusion sound than a prog rock edge in my opinion. I would have liked to have heard more. I didn't hear many vocals but the vocals I heard were beautiful. Are there more vocals on their albums? I'm intrigued, thanks for the intro.

What's even more interesting is that I first heard of these guys (and one gal -- Joanne Hogg) when I was in Germany. I was hooked from the first moment I heard them.

Bob, they did start out with a jazzy sound. However, they have shifted as they have progressed.

Favorite album of theirs? That's a really tough call! They're all wonderful to listen to. Most of their adherents love The Book of Kells. I actually prefere Journey Into the Morn -- especially with their longest song Encircling.

They've gone independent since Open Sky. They're supposed to have a new album coming out called The Circling Hour. I don't know when it's coming out. I want it when it's ready.:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back