Introducing Meditating on the Preached Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
In discussion with the Moderators, we have created the Meditating on the Preached Word forum.

In lieu of the abundance of frivolous posts we sometimes receive on the Lord's Day, I hope this forum will serve as an opportunity for members to spend time in contemplation and reflection on what they heard from the pulpit that day.

Obviously the forum is open throughout the week as well for continued reflection and application of what you heard preached from the Word of God for the conversion of your souls and the renewing of your minds.

Meditating:confused:

OOHHMMM OOOHHHMMM

Meditating in the sense of thinking deeply, feasting on the Bread of Life. Nothing "Eastern" about it.

A most excellent idea, Rich. I believe it will be most beneficial and edifying for all.

Thank you, sir!

Meditating:confused:

OOHHMMM OOOHHHMMM

1Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditateday and night.

47And I will delight myself in thy commandments, which I have loved.

48My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; and I will meditate in thy statutes
78Let the proud be ashamed; for they dealt perversely with me without a cause: but I will meditate in thy precepts.
99I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation:book2:

Well I will admit I was wrong then, but the only meditation that goes on in the danish peoples church is the eastern form which they have adopted to help the entire body (or so they say) they are doing yoga as well some places now, not in the sunday service but other week days, to make the church more "relevant", so they say :rolleyes:

So I am sorry that I am a bit pessimistic, but it is NOT being used in a good way over here.
I guess I am just used to answereing a fool acording to his folly.
I am used to see so many different perversions, that I forget that it has value in it to, so:oops:

I am sorry

Ian,

I'm not certain about your confusion:
...I hope this forum will serve as an opportunity for members to spend time in contemplation and reflection on what they heard from the pulpit that day...

In other words, share what you heard from the pulpit and contemplate what you heard. If you want to share the sermon audio you are welcome to do so but this is not a place simply to post audio from sermons.

Ian,

I'm not certain about your confusion:
...I hope this forum will serve as an opportunity for members to spend time in contemplation and reflection on what they heard from the pulpit that day...

In other words, share what you heard from the pulpit and contemplate what you heard. If you want to share the sermon audio you are welcome to do so but this is not a place simply to post audio from sermons.

That was were my confusion lay. I wasn't sure whether posting the audio was allowed. Thanks for clearing that up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back