Interracial marriage

Discussion in 'Family Forum' started by Grillsy, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grillsy

Grillsy Puritan Board Junior

I'll admit this purely out of curiosity.
    Considering that I am white and my wife is Hispanic and we are both Reformed, I was wondering just how many interracial/inter-ethnic couples are on the PB?

I have been trying to make a pic of my wife and me my avatar...yet somehow the photo resolution is never that great we end pixelated and resembling Nintendo characters.

Oh and that is not her in the picture. That was my umm...makeup lady.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  2. BobVigneault

BobVigneault Bawberator Staff Member

I am against humans marrying Nintendo characters; that's where I draw the line.

3. Andres

Andres Puritan Board Doctor

Woohoo! Right here! I am hispanic and my wife is white. (you probably can't really tell from my avatar).
    We are also both reformed and I have to make a note of observation, minorities are certainly the minority in reformed churches. Sorry if this is a blanket statement, it is just my observation. Oh well, I really don't care as white, black, brown - if they are of the Lord's they are my brother and sister in Christ!

4. tlharvey7

tlharvey7 Puritan Board Freshman

i am white and my wife is portugese/russian (yea... i am a glutton for punishment)

5. Hamalas

Hamalas whippersnapper

I come from an inter-ethnic family. My dad is from Indiana and my mom is from South Carolina.

6. he beholds

he beholds Puritan Board Doctor

My husband is a redhead...that has to count for something;)

7. TrueConvert

TrueConvert Puritan Board Freshman

I'm African American and my wife is white.....
    There ya go! lol

8. Ivan

Ivan Pastor

I'm from Mars, wife from Venus.

9. Peairtach

Peairtach Puritan Board Doctor

I'm mixed Nordic, Celtic (Gaelic and Brythonic), and maybe some Anglo-Saxon.

I.e. I'm pure Scots.

10. Repre5entYHWH

Repre5entYHWH Puritan Board Freshman

my mom is full mexican my dad is full german so i'm a beanerschnitzel and my wife is white.

11. raekwon

raekwon Puritan Board Junior

Same here.

12. ubermadchen

ubermadchen Puritanboard <strong>Outlaw</strong>

I'm a product of a mixed marriage. My mother is full filipina and my dad is Italian-American. I expect, should I marry, that I'll also marry outside my race, whatever that means.

13. LawrenceU

LawrenceU Puritan Board Doctor

There is only one race of humans on this planet :)

I reckon the argument could be made that there are two races: Adamic Redeemed and Adamic Unredeemed.

14. TrueConvert

TrueConvert Puritan Board Freshman

Which is a great segue into Thabiti Anyabwile's sermon on "Bearing the Image" from T4G a couple years ago. Excellent treatment on "race" as a social construct more than a biological one.
    Listen Here

15. TimV

TimV Puritanboard Botanist

Under Biblical law the concern seems to be more cultural. Definitely not racial:

So Edomites, which were Semites and Egyptians who were African are under the same law, that they get full citizenship rights after they've been culturally assimilated.

16. timmopussycat

timmopussycat Puritan Board Junior

I'm Canadian of Scottish, Irish, French and Dutch ancestry. My wife, the Orchid Lady is a Singaporean whose parents immigrated from China.

17. Marrow Man

Marrow Man Drunk with Powder

My ancestors were English and my wife's were Scottish. That's a tough one. ;)

18. AThornquist

AThornquist Puritan Board Doctor

:rofl:

19. Zenas

Zenas Snow Miser

I'm convinced children whose parents come from vastly different ethnic backgrounds turn out better physically. Alas, I married a white woman. (She actually may have a decent amount of Native American, but her mom was adopted so we only guess.)

20. Grillsy

Grillsy Puritan Board Junior

Much more activity on this thread than what I thought.

21. yeutter

yeutter Puritan Board Junior

I am a Swabian Deutscher my wife is Brahman Nepalese. Actually we are not interracial since we are both Aryan.
    Should we define races in terms of descent from Shem, Ham and Japheth instead of the racial categories usually applied?

22. John Lanier

John Lanier Puritan Board Junior

Add us to the list as well. My wife is Hispanic and I am white.

23. Brian Withnell

Brian Withnell Puritan Board Junior

I'm male, my wife is female. That is about as different as you can get. :lol:

24. OPC'n

OPC'n Puritan Board Doctor

I'm Irish, Scottish, Cherokee, English... how's that for a mixed marriage(s)?

25. Knoxienne

Knoxienne Puritan Board Graduate

Bill and I are definitely a rainbow of diversity. He's left handed and I'm right handed, he's a math and science person and I'm a language and literatures person, etc.

26. Houchens

Houchens Puritan Board Sophomore

Irish, English,Dutch and Cherokee...that's how the Lord has created me! How's that for diversity?! ;)

27. Berean

Berean Puritan Board Doctor

I do Word, my wife does Excel. She was Methodist, I was Catholic. Such diversity. :p

28. OPC'n

OPC'n Puritan Board Doctor

Looks like you've got some good blood in ya! ;)

29. Hawaiian Puritan

Hawaiian Puritan Puritan Board Freshman

I'm what we call in Hawaii "hapa-haole" (mixed race, literally "part-white"), being Native Hawaiian and Caucasian (Irish, Scottish, English and Swiss-Italian). My wife is a yon-sei (meaning a fourth-generation Japanese in Hawaii).

We have two adopted children. The older one is Korean (born in Pusan), the younger is hapa-haole (Japanese and Caucasian).

A lot of families in Hawaii are mixed race, so we really don't stick out at all.

30. Ivan

Ivan Pastor

I forgot...during my vacation when visiting my aunt I confirmed that I have Cherokee blood...along with German and Irish (and maybe English).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.