Internet Explorer for the Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerusalem Blade

Puritan Board Professor
I haven't tried this yet, but while on the suggested setting I couldn't properly access this (PB) page! So it seems it is to be used as a temporary measure, per site. This is from a smalldog electronics newsletter (smalldog.com -- a Mac site).

----

Internet Explorer on the Mac, Part 2
By Kali Hilke

Currently, Internet Explorer is not made for the Mac, but there are still some sites that require and/or prefer it. Ed has written in past issues of Kibbles (#582) about alternate ways to view sites that only render using Internet Explorer, since this seems to be a popular topic.

With Safari 3 (I’m on 3.1.2), there’s another way. Upon following a tip from Nixtechnica, I tried the following settings:

1. Open Preferences in Safari
2. Under the Advanced tab, check “Show Develop menu in menu bar”
3. Click the Develop menu in the Safari menu bar, and choose Develop > User Agent > Internet Explorer 7.0
4. Try using the IE-compatible website

I tried this using our Health Care website (which says it “works best” on Internet Explorer), and it logged me in perfectly.

----

Thanks!
Firefox has an ad on called "User Agent Switcher." It allows for Internet Explorer, Netscape, and Opera. I don't know if it works as I have never had to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back