Inspiration, Canonicity, KJV

Status
Not open for further replies.
God preserved for us the originals in the sense of there being enough material still existing to have us compile and reconstruct what the original texts were, but there are NO textual experts that I am aware of that claim we have today the first copies of the originals still existing.
And the English translations derive authority from being done of the original language sources, but none of them are perfect, as only KJVO will claim that to be true.

Just because you say something over and over again doesn't make it true, David and Richard. You don't even vary your statements with proof or logical arguments. It's more like you're copying and pasting your info oblivious to the arguments and proof given to you...... you just keep repeating information everyone here has successfully shown to be untrue. You have been found wanting in your proof and logic. You bring no supporting evidence for your statements which are all conjectures. You fail.

I use the 21st Century KJV and find it quite easy to read from without finding any problems with it. Am happy with this version.

Just because you say something over and over again doesn't make it true, David and Richard. You don't even vary your statements with proof or logical arguments. It's more like you're copying and pasting your info oblivious to the arguments and proof given to you...... you just keep repeating information everyone here has successfully shown to be untrue. You have been found wanting in your proof and logic. You bring no supporting evidence for your statements which are all conjectures. You fail.

Wow. I've tried to remain calm in this thread. Now, I can't decide who's being more arrogant: you or Scott.

Moderator Note:
Thread closed while mods discuss next steps.

Update:
The thread will remain closed. The topic has been done often and members can search the topic out to review threads that were more specific to the content now being discussed, e.g., mediate and immediate inspiration.

In general it is a good idea to do some searching for topics one is interested in starting a new thread about to determine if their interests or questions have been treated in past forum threads.

That said, if it is taking you more than 20 minutes or so to find past discussions of a topic of interest, then starting a new thread may be the right step.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back