Inscription found: Braked the images and braked in pieces the … Nehushtan and he removed the high places and cut down the Asherah

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
You would think this inscription in the thread title came from 2 Kings 18 but it is proof of the acts of Hezekiah including that the bronze serpent existed, just now discovered on a stone thought blank and translated for the first time. Hezekiah’s destruction of the bronze serpent presents a principle that the Reformed have always understood taught the principle of removing monuments of idolatry, which I've posted on a lot here on PB over the years (threads; posts), particularly w.r.t. the pretended holy days of the church calendar. As I say in the past, I think this principle so important I put the entire section dealing with it in George Gillespie's Dispute Against the English Popish Ceremonies online.
"Proof of biblical kings of Israel, Judah deciphered on Jerusalem rock inscriptions"

These kinds of things are always fascinating to me.

One thing in this case, since they are obviously giving a translation from Ancient Hebrew, it's odd they would use the broken English term "braked" instead of simply "broke" especially when all the rest is in standard English.

Last edited:
These kinds of things are always fascination to me.

One thing in this case, since they are obviously giving a translation from Ancient Hebrew, it's odd they would use the broken English term "braked" instead of simply "broke" especially when all the rest is in standard English.
Could be they are using the KJV or keying to it? I assumed that what I cited was the transcription but maybe it was the parallel in the KJV they were citing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back