Indonesian Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.

hermanchauw

Puritan Board Freshman
How many translations are there of the Bible in the Indonesian language and which is the most accurate/faithful?

Also are there Psalters in Indonesian?

LAI - the Lembaga Alkitab Indonesia - puts out the Terjemahan Baru and you can get an Indo-English side-by-side version of this bible (the English version that this translation lines up with is the New King James). And it is pretty literal, though in Eastern Indonesian the mem- and -kan prefix and suffixe and the -nya endings can be confusing to interior peoples. Also, the language of the psalms, while being very poetic, is very archaic and often hard to understand.

Lembaga Alkitab Indonesia can be reached by phone at (021) 3142890 or email: [email protected] or go to Lembaga Alkitab Indonesia - Home

How long will you be living in Jakarta? Work-related?

Thanks Colin.

I am originally from Jakarta. I don't know how long i'd be there or Surabaya. Planning to move to Indonesia or Philippines after marriage. My mother prefer to live in Indonesia. My girlfriend who is Pilipina does not mind anywhere as long as there is a Reformed church. So i am looking for a Reformed church in Indonesia.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back