I'm Spotified!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
While typing this, I'm listening to Time Out (1959) by the Dave Brubeck Quartet - one of the best-selling jazz albums of all time (and deservedly so, artistically).

And I'm listening to it via Spotify, which make me a totally cool person. True: you don't get liner notes, recording information, or even stereo (since I'm listening to it via my laptop), but it's still interesting.

Not going to give up my CDs, since I like stereo and liner note and recording information (especially for classical music), and I still think the CD is a near-perfect music delivery system. So, this is an experiment for me.

Access to 15,000,000 recordings, for free.

Spotify has landed in the U.S. Sign up to get your invite now - Spotify.

It came to the US finally??! I don't know if I can remember my username and password :think: Ok I did, crisis averted.
Not that I'm likely to really use this much nowadays. But still. I approve of Spotify :)

Seems you can only listen to a track up to 5 times for free. I don't remember that being the case before, but honestly I probably didn't pay much attention.

I am on Spotify and have been enjoying it. I like being able to search for my favorite artists and build my own playlist and queue. Pandora gets bumped to second place. I like Pandora as a radio station type of music player, but building my own and not having to wade through songs I don't like is far better.

I am on Spotify and have been enjoying it. I like being able to search for my favorite artists and build my own playlist and queue. Pandora gets bumped to second place. I like Pandora as a radio station type of music player, but building my own and not having to wade through songs I don't like is far better.
Can you give a quick overview of how you use it versus Pandora? I've been a Pandora One user for more than a year and I really like it. I just signed up for Spotify, but like Google+, I have not had time to investigate - I'm starting to realize why college kids are the ones most likely to try new things. :lol:

I must have my nose in a book too much. I learned about Spotify yesterday and this morning is the first I have heard of Pandora. I am behind the times.

Can you give a quick overview of how you use it versus Pandora? I've been a Pandora One user for more than a year and I really like it. I just signed up for Spotify, but like Google+, I have not had time to investigate - I'm starting to realize why college kids are the ones most likely to try new things. :lol:

With Pandora I would create stations with keywords, and then listen to what Pandora chose for me, liking or disliking each song to better build suggestions. It operated pretty much like a radio station. I was not a "premium" user, though, so I'm not sure what capabilities lie beyond the free version.

With Spotify I can build playlists of the songs I like, add songs to queues, and search and choose by artist, album title, song title, keywords (theme, genre, etc.) I don't have to wait for my favorite songs. I can play them at will from like 15,000,000 titles. That's pretty awesome for me. I still have yet to discover its full capabilities, though, but really like it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back