I'm going to be upgrading the board to version 2.1 soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
I've been holding off on this for a couple of years. Xenforo 2.0 came out a couple of years ago but I just didn't have the time to do the upgrade. I need to upgrade in order to make sure the software is secure and supported. It will also permit some new features.

Most of the functionality will be maintained. I just spent several hours going through every Add-On. Most of them will come over to the upgraded site but things are bound to be a little different.

I'll let you know soon when I'll be planning to put the board into maintenance mode and then start the upgrade process.

Rich Will the morning's posts and specially the approvals / rejections of applications be restored?

Rich Will the morning's posts and specially the approvals / rejections of applications be restored?
No. I'm sorry. I ought to have performed a database backup right before I started the upgrade. The first try completely destroyed the board and I had to use a backup from 6 am.

The good news is that I got all the post ratings back in. That was one of my main concerns. I am sorry I didn't do a more recent backup.

Stand by for a lot more features to get back in. We'll be missing a few but adding many more.

That's unfortunate, all my best posts were this morning! :p

Thanks for your work, Rich.

Okay; wish I could remember what all went on. We may have lost one or two new members then and one or two notes to maintenance on rejections.
I've been holding off on this for a couple of years. Xenforo 2.0 came out a couple of years ago but I just didn't have the time to do the upgrade. I need to upgrade in order to make sure the software is secure and supported. It will also permit some new features.

Most of the functionality will be maintained. I just spent several hours going through every Add-On. Most of them will come over to the upgraded site but things are bound to be a little different.

I'll let you know soon when I'll be planning to put the board into maintenance mode and then start the upgrade process.

Not to expose a lot of house keeping to the board, but for convenience I'll post here that I don't see the 'bin' for approving applicants? I see the rest of the user interface but not that.

This is like a new phone; or when your grocery decides to move everything around. Hard to find stuff. I have been using PB Dark; that is simply too confusing now and hard to see stuff. Back to Xenforo style.

Very thankful for your labors, Rich, but let me take this opportunity to say what many are no doubt thinking: "Man, I hate change!" But that said, I applaud you for delaying it for as long as possible. It was very Reformed of you. ;)

This is too much change for a Reformed board. That brings me to one of my favorite jokes. How many Presbyterians does it take to change a lightbulb? "Change!?"

My wife has seen me on the Puritan Board enough to notice the dramatic change.

Speaking of light bulbs; I don't need a light on in the room with this reverting to the light PB screen style.

It is bright, indeed. I will need to crank up F.Lux when on here.

Either way, thanks for the work that went into the upgrade. It looks clean and modern. I almost cringe saying modern in a positive manner on the Puritan Board.

I notice that I have lost about 350 positive ratings. Have the funny reacts been removed from that category? :cool:
We didn't lose that many posts (wee hours of the am through the time we shut down for the reboot). So maybe something going on there. Maybe the upgrade has only anger and no sense of humor. Reformed? Maybe Confessional Presbyterian at least?

This is like a new phone; or when your grocery decides to move everything around.

Does that mean Alcohol is going to be moved to the front like Walmart did.

As for change, as I said last time - I don't like it, even if it change for the good. If the King James version was good enough for John the Baptist, it's good enough for me.

I’m relatively new here and was always a bit confused on recent vs new posts.... is there a way to view the threads sorted newest-oldest by OP date/time?

Does that mean Alcohol is going to be moved to the front like Walmart did.

As for change, as I said last time - I don't like it, even if it change for the good. If the King James version was good enough for John the Baptist, it's good enough for me.

Why will you not admit the obvious point that John the Baptist used the NIV?

Why will you not admit the obvious point that John the Baptist used the NIV?

Sadly it's true. John actually sent me this pic of him unboxing it on the day it arrived from EvangelicalBible.com...

JohnMark-284b581de3a342cd8395fc397b3a517b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back