I'm coming out of the closet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueridge Believer

Puritan Board Professor
I\'m coming out of the closet

http://www.the-faith.org.uk/1644.html

I'm really a Particular Baptist. I have a picture of J.C. Philpot on my wall. There. I said it. I feel better.:lol:

London Baptist Confession of 1644

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE. This confession was drawn up by the Particular Baptists to distinguish them from the, more numerous, General (Arminian) Baptists. There are two, or more, editions of this confession of faith. This one has the appearance of being original; though, apart from the prologue, the spelling and grammar has apparently been modernised. The Scripture quotations are from an edition of the King James Version subsequent to the 1611 edition but prior to the 1672 edition, which we have been able to check; this is evidence of authenticity. The Geneva Translation was not available to these brethren because its publication in England had been banned in1616.
John Cargill.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A CONFESSION OF FAITH of seven congregations (or churches) of Christ in London, which are commonly, but unjustly, called Anabaptists; published for the vindication of the truth and information of the ignorant; likewise for the taking off those aspersions which are frequently, both in pulpit and print, unjustly cast upon them.
Printed in London, Anno 1646.

[Edited on 10-14-2006 by Blueridge reformer]

I appreciate your courage and honesty, brother. It is difficult sometimes to be open about this sort of thing, but (whatever tensions it creates short-term) in the long term it is better to honestly state your position.

You think this is hard - I had to finally "come out" to my mom as being Presbyterian - now that was not a pretty sight!

[Edited on 10-14-2006 by turmeric]

Originally posted by turmeric
You think this is hard - I had to finally "come out" to my mom as being Presbyterian - now that was not a pretty sight!

So, Meg, does that mean you've finally come over to the dark side?

muahahahahahahaha!!!

:westminster:
:calvin::ursinus:

I'm sorry Meg. I know that only deep internal anguish can drive you to Presbyterianism. But there is always hope! Don't lose heart and don't forget your 12 steps.

:luther::bunyan::Owen::edwards::spurgeon:

now that the glass is removed and they see face to face :tombstone: they've all put away childish things and become Presbyterians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back