I'm what people wanna hear
It's the other thing they fear
I'm not cold and hard
I'm easier to like
I'm told for the truth
But that's something I despise
Politicians use me all the time

I'm a lie

A young man asks, "If I become a Christian will I be able to stop telling lies"?
The old pastor answered the best way he knew how, but the news wasn't very good.

He said, "Well son, sometimes in ten or twenty years, God does wean some of His away from almost all lying. Oh, most Christians stop telling big obvious lies, but what about the little ones. The half-truths, exaggerations, the false humility, and the list goes on. For lying is so much a part of our fallen nature that precious few, maybe none, escape falling to its temptation in this life."

Last edited:
The title made my heart stop a little bit, as I wondered if it might be the case that you don't wear cologne and bathe at least once a month.

Come to think of it, lies are often subject to bathing attempts and cologne disguises. ;)

Sometimes Bluegrass is so much fun comma although I'm not a country music lover in general but I like the science great I'm going to share it when I can go to YouTube and get the link because when I click share here it only uses a Tapatalk link

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Reading the title of this thread I wasn't sure what to expect :)

I saw this next artist live last year at Bluesfest (love his work)
Its rare for a song to deal with God's Providence in Tragedy but this song does.

A warning against complacency perhaps,

"...and speak evil of dignities."
Thank you, Pastor. I may have to rethink it.

Is that in reference to his "Politicians do it all the time"? I suppose that is a heavy generalization, but is it without merit where in judicial cases it has been proven, or is it still in poor taste to bring it up? There are plenty of dignitaries who politic, also.

I appreciate the correction.

Is that in reference to his "Politicians do it all the time"? I suppose that is a heavy generalization, but is it without merit where in judicial cases it has been proven, or is it still in poor taste to bring it up?

Yes. I would say it is not a generalisation but an evil surmising, and supposes something for which there is no evidence.

A "generalisation" would be that musicians live in la-la land with very little understanding of the way the world really works or the type of situations and processes with which politicians must deal. It is a good thing for musicians that politicians are hard at work to secure the kind of peace and freedom that allows the musician to spend time in artistic expression. That would be a "generalisation;" I suppose there would be down to earth musicians who can appreciate the relative good that others do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back