I Met Mark Twain at Wal-Mart Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan

Pastor
Today a fellow associate and I was doing a carry out. As we lumbered along with the frieght a gentleman passed us. I couldn't believe my eyes. I said, "Look, Josh, that man looks exactly like Mark Twain!"

After making my statement the gentlman whirls around and comes walking right up to me and said, "It's people like you...I LIKE!" LOL I told him that Twain was one of my favorite writers and of course he said the same.

As we were attempting to put the item into the customer's SUV, "Mark Twain" returns to give me a postcard with his photograph of him. He was actually in town from Hannibal, MO visiting a local Mark Twain impresonator.

He told me that he was the REAL Mark Twain and that all of the other impresonators were his "helpers". I replied, "Oh, you mean like Santa and all his helpers?" He laughed and said that was funny. I don't know, he might put it in his act! ;)

I showed the postcard to several associates. Most didn't recognize who the man on the postcard looked like. What's really sad is that a number of the associates didn't know who Mark Twain was. YIKES!! NO COMMENT!!

BTW, earlier this same day we saw a fellow that looked like Val Kilmer. Also, we have another associate who looks like the Abolitionist, John Brown. I'm told we have a gal in the deli who looks like Sandra Bullock.

Quite a Wal-Mart we have here in Burlington, Wisconsin! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back