I have almost 24 of flying ahead of me, what album from the last 5 years must I listen to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every Cecilia Bartoli album is a revelation. Usually my favorite is the one I have listened to most recently, but among her three most recent I find it impossible to choose. Her new Vivaldi album sets the standard for performance; Dolce Duello is breathtakingly lovely; and you will look long and hard to find any music as exciting as her St. Petersburg.

As a metal head I am trying to think of softer stuff for you...Anything by Nightwish!
Decades has their best stuff through the years. Imaginaerium is by far their best, followed by Dark Passion Play. Angels Fall First is good too.
Want something smoother? Listen to LEAH.
The Birthday Massacre is pretty good too.

Every Cecilia Bartoli album is a revelation.
This is something different for my ears, added Vivaldi to my playlist.
As a metal head I am trying to think of softer stuff for you.
No need, I grew up on metal. I have the new Queensreich and Opeth ready to go, anything else I’m missing?
The Unfolding, Timothy Brindle.
I have been wanting to listen to this! Thank you for reminding me.
Michael Kiwanuka: "Welcome Home".
Wow, that is really good! Love it. I am a bit of an audiophile on a budget and that just sounds lovely.

There's your problem. You probably need to look 1940s to 60s if you want good music. Do artists really still have albums these days?
Most modern albums are released on vinyl, a little harder to find though.

What would you recommend for the 40’s - 60’s?

I once heard a young mother say, "Some people raise their children on classical music, I will raise mine on Beach House".

Brother, I am praying for your journey. Did you receive the book? I am mostly a jazz and classical person. I can recommend a few newer, or older, releases in those genres.

Brother, I am praying for your journey. Did you receive the book? I am mostly a jazz and classical person. I can recommend a few newer, or older, releases in those genres.
Yes I did! The book arrived right on time and it is coming with me, thank you again for the gracious gift.

I appreciate your prayers, I will also be praying for you and the Voetius project.

I love classical, mostly smaller chamber ensembles. I have however, always wanted to like jazz but have never been able to fully appreciate it. Perhaps you have some jazz recommendations?

Miles Davis, "Kind of Blue" is a classic. I recall, when I was about 15 yrs old, taking it out of my Mother's pile of records. I still listen to it today. I was a weird kid.

The entertainment options have really improved in the last 10 years, even in steerage. Last trans Atlantic flight I watched Casablanca from the collection of old movies, listened to some tunes, and tried to get some sleep.

Miles Davis, "Kind of Blue" is a classic. I recall, when I was about 15 yrs old, taking it out of my Mother's pile of records. I still listen to it today. I was a weird kid.

1959 was kind of a miracle year for jazz. "Kind of Blue" by Miles Davis, "Mingus -Ah -Um" by Charles Mingus, and "Time Out" by Dave Brubeck were all recorded at Columbia Records's 30th Street studios in Manhattan and released that year.

Back and forth to Amsterdam amongst most likely crying babies. Recommend me an album to listen to, I am open to any and all genres!
I don't listen to a lot of music that's that recent. Last Leaf (2017) by The Danish String Quartet and Emperor of Sand (2017) by Mastodon come to mind. Hugsja (2018) by Einar Selvik and Ivar Bjornson.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back