I have a dream. The complete Puritan Corpus updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who likes to use the search function quite often when reading, this project sounds awesome.

Brother I am with you too. Going through 5,000 docs and shortening titles, oh, it seems so tedious. But it is that slow and steady keeping the goal in mind. Remember, your expertise in scripting-automation has literally shaved years and years off of this process, in fact making an almost impossible task come into the realm of not only possibility, but inches from actuality. It is OK to take it easy, and be like the tortious instead of the hare.

Thanks David, whenever I get interested in a project I can't stop and am laser focused until I have it where I want it to be :)

I'm pretty happy with where everything is for now. I'll request help when it comes to combing through the final generated list of potential words and adding those to the swap list. Don't worry, there will be plenty to do when that time comes!

Plus, you have the bulk of the tedious work done with the finding and listing all these authors, I think, and then all the work you're doing adding in names and short titles is another huge load of tediosity that is hugely important.

As someone who likes to use the search function quite often when reading, this project sounds awesome.
I agree. In the Puritan Index I was creating for Logos prior to the Lord graciously bringing this project to fruition, I was using the standard EEBO-TCP texts as the base for the index. So far had put in about 450 Puritans and 4,250 works. I am going to redo the index once the texts have been updated; which will tremendously increase accuracy and search results. But even with the former it is an awesome resource. You could look up a keyword or phrase, and get engulfed in the rich Puritan responses regarding the topics such as grace, faith, mercy, love, sin, glory, etc. I just took words from your comment, "when reading" and put them in the Index, which will be revamped once this project is complete; and it shows every instance it is mentioned within every text, from every work and Puritan author in the index. when read.jpg

Thanks David, whenever I get interested in a project I can't stop and am laser focused until I have it where I want it to be :)

I'm pretty happy with where everything is for now. I'll request help when it comes to combing through the final generated list of potential words and adding those to the swap list. Don't worry, there will be plenty to do when that time comes!

Plus, you have the bulk of the tedious work done with the finding and listing all these authors, I think, and then all the work you're doing adding in names and short titles is another huge load of tediosity that is hugely important.
Thats the same way I am, but I am also plagued with a mind that keeps on thinking of "new projects" in the middle of current projects, until I have more projects than earthly days, lol.

That must be nice. The PB ADHD contingent just was tempted to covet.
lol! It can get bad. My wife says I'm in "hero mode" and patiently waits until I have some brain cycles free to listen to her tell me supper is ready.

Just wanted to give the heads up for Book Publishers, that this collection, once completed will contain 8 out of 12 volumes of Caryls "Observations on Job." I know this was printed once by basically reprinting the facsimiles. But, this correction, once completed, may give credence to re-publish the entire work in contemporary typeset and spelling, and since the typeset will be corrected, there may be a way to shrink the volumes to a 6 volume set to save on production cost. Just thought I would throw that out there. God Bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back