I have a confession to make...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Learner

Puritan Board Freshman
I went undercover on the "Baptist Fire"discussion board.
Actually I registered there a couple months before I registered here.(Totally different websites,I assure you).I thought I could expose the folks there to a little better way
of dealing with Scripture.Wrong!I was just officially banned today.In the past I had about 16 posts removed because
the Webmaster thought they were objectionable in some form.I was not overt in my Calvinism,very subtle.The final straw was a post I made regarding someone called "on-fire"
wanting info on 1 Peter 2:6.Well,I typed out about 15 verses
that dealt with that passage.But that was too much.My post was taken off.I only used Bible verses,no personal statements.I wrote back and said something like:"What was so offensive about my post?I only used Scripture!You claim
that you uphold the authority of the Bible,yet you delete a
post with only Bible verses!Please ,you will have to inform us all what bad verses not to use in the future.We don't want to
have any bad (Calvinistic)influences.Is Scripture under your authority?"
"Jethro"wrote back and said I was taking my Scripture verses out-of -context.Then he had this killer line:"Scripture,
handled correctly,makes no more room for Calvinism than it does for human sacrifice to placate pagan dieties."I don't know if he dreamed that one up himself or plagerized it.It's
still there on their "discussion forum".
Okay,I was asking for it.I knew the mentality there ahead of time.But still I wanted to try.Maybe I got somone to think
there is something much richer and deeper than what we are used to.Maybe I need to really study my Bible,all of it.I
need to beg the Lord to open my eyes to see wonderful things from His Holy Word that my tradition is dead-set against.

Whoa, man, I had never seen that site. It's pretty crazy!

We should get a Capture the Flag team from PB and BF and we'll take them down!

You've got guts man, I'm sorry they don't want to tolerate sound theology.

It's crazy.They have a Nazi-like mentality.I wonder if anyone who participates on that board has a clue.My former
member name was "believer".They still retained some of my posts.I don't know how long that will last.

[quote:6e36950e15][i:6e36950e15]Originally posted by Learner[/i:6e36950e15]
It's crazy.They have a Nazi-like mentality.I wonder if anyone who participates on that board has a clue.My former
member name was "believer".They still retained some of my posts.I don't know how long that will last. [/quote:6e36950e15]

That's it, I'm not reading any more of that forum/site, I'm getting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay irritated. :rant::rant::rant::flaming:

I think this was done before please rememebr no matter how much we may get angry with they way people talk about our beliefs and how much they may dishonor God we must be the better men and not sneak in unaware like false prophets and teachers do. Not that we are as a false teacher but we would not want them to lie about their membership if they signed up here and then started ranting and raving about their false teachings and then drag others hear if that were possible away with them.

Bladestunner316

I get the idea.Anyway,I'm over with that deal.I get the point that is best not to deceive.

No worries its a tough lesson I learned when I went inot mormon chat rooms doing the same trying to convince them of their evil ways it just doenst work that well. Or look that good.

blade:)

One question.

How would this board handle it if some from that site came here blasting away at the WCF or the LBCF; blast away at Calvin and spread their stuff?

Would their post be removed and their registration cancelled?

One of the terms of use in order to participate here is, Do you support either one of the two aformentioned confessions in order to maintain civilitiy and harmony among the bretheren, which is why I like it here.

Their board has a similar policy, I assume.

An explanation

I acknowledged in retospect that it was not wise for me
to try posting there.However,I want to clarify some things.On
their homepage,under the banner is their statement of faith.
It is rather general,not specific enough to satisfy any Calvinist.And one statement in particular says Christ's sacrifice was "for all mankind"which needs definition.I knew going in that it was an anti-Calvinistic operation.The webmaster has an e-mail regarding the position of his board.It says among other things that "postings that promote 5-point Calvinistic theology are not permitted...and that Baptist Fire is a "safe haven" for non-Calvinists I presume.
Yet I did not "blast away"with Calvinistic stuff.I never mentioned any of the 5 points in my posts.I spoke of the need to glorify God as our #1 priority.I went into the legitimacy of Bible translations to say" unique",or "only"or
"one and only" and that it it not necessary and even confusing to have "only begotten".Things like that.
The only blasts that originated from me was when Scripture only that I had posted was deleted.That got my dander up.Any site that maintains the authority of God's Word and then decides "No,that hits too close to home.I will
not allow the Bible passages to be viewed by our members."
That is my limit.
Again,I should not have posted there despite my good intentions.I was being deceptive.So what am I saying as I think aloud here.If I was wrong,I was wrong.This whole entry
of mine here has been a defence.Well,someone else can sort it out...please.

Brent,

I've seen that happen here once, although the warning and banning process was more along the lines of "hey we've shown you wrong, the only option left is to ban you because you aren't budging."

I think, well, hope that we'd treat someone with Arminian convictions better if they showed even the hint of progress towards what we call Calvinism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back