I am looking for audio lectures on Scottish Church history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regi Addictissimus

Completely sold out to the King
I am looking mainly for lectures that focus on the time of the Reformation up until the Marrow Controversy for now. As for the Marrow Controversy, I have Sinclair Fergusons' lectures. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Have you read Ferguson's book "The Whole Christ: Legalism, Antinomianism, and Gospel Assurance―Why the Marrow Controversy Still Matters"?

It is my understanding that Ferguson's lectures were done in the early 1980's and that his book is somewhat more up to date.

I am looking mainly for lectures that focus on the time of the to up until the Marrow Controversy for now. As for the Marrow Controversy, I have Sinclair Fergusons' lectures. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
I think you left out a word, friend. The time of what up to the Marrow Controversy? The Restoration, maybe?

Have you read Ferguson's book "The Whole Christ: Legalism, Antinomianism, and Gospel Assurance―Why the Marrow Controversy Still Matters"?
It is my understanding that Ferguson's lectures were done in the early 1980's and that his book is somewhat more up to date.

Yes. I have read his as well as Dr. VanDoodewaard's treatment of the Marrow Controversy. You are correct in your assessment of his lectures and book. Thanks.

I think you left out a word, friend. The time of what up to the Marrow Controversy? The Restoration, maybe?

That was intentional. It was left blank to represent the time before time up until the Marrow Controversy. In all seriousness, "Reformation" was there when I first posted it. I am not sure what happened.

Has anyone read Thomas M'Crie's Sketches of Scottish Church History or his Life of Andrew Melville? I am getting ready to start Hewison's two volumes on the Covenanters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back