Humour

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Humor' started by Eoghan, Dec 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eoghan

Eoghan Puritan Board Senior

the joys of child sponsorship

2. JimmyH

JimmyH Puritan Board Junior

In this situation I would say tragedy rather than humor. Sad for all concerned.

3. TheOldCourse

TheOldCourse Puritan Board Sophomore

I think it's satire, the other articles on that website appear to be anyways.

4. Eoghan

Eoghan Puritan Board Senior

An archaeologist was digging in the Negev Desert in Israel and came upon a casket containing a mummy, a rather rare occurrence in Israel, to say the least. After examining it, he called Abe, the curator of the Israel museum in Jerusalem.
    "I've just discovered a 3,000 year old mummy of a man who died of heart failure!" the excited scientist exclaimed.
    Abe replied, "Bring him in. We'll check it out."
    A week later, the amazed Abe called the archaeologist. "You were right about both the mummy's age and cause of death. How in the world did you know?"
    "Easy. There was a piece of paper in his hand that said, '10,000 Shekels on Goliath'."

5. Tom Hart

Tom Hart Puritan Board Junior

But paper hadn't been invented yet...

6. Jack K

Jack K Puritan Board Professor

In the Negev? But, but...
    Valley of Elah

7. Tom Hart

I considered that too, but it's possible he placed the bet some time before the battle, and then only got word of it later.

Maybe I'm overthinking this.

8. Jack K

Jack K Puritan Board Professor

I guess if you're going to mummify a fellow, you might also end up moving his body in the general direction of Egypt. So there, it makes perfect sense.

9. Tom Hart

Ah! So obvious. How did I miss it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.