Hudson Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notthemama1984

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
What!" said he, amazed; "is it possible that for hundreds of years you have had the knowledge of these glad tidings in your possession, and yet have only now come to preach it to us? My father sought after the Truth for more than twenty years, and died without finding it. Oh, why did you not come sooner?"

A Chinese official spoke this to Hudson Taylor after the Gospel was presented.

Oh may it never be said again.

I read his "Retrospect" yesterday and came away very convicted. The drive and faith this man had is significantly greater than I have and for that I am ashamed.

I would have no idea. His theology is vague in the book. He is friends with Methodists, Baptists, and Presbyterians.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Actually I do know. He is not semi-Pelagian at all. He talks about coming to Christ by reading a book called "The Finished Work of Christ." He mentions that as he reflected upon the idea of the work already accomplished, the thought came "if the work is finished, then what is left for me to do?" At this point he surrenders to Christ.

This is a stark contrast to his childhood where he talks about earning salvation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back