Howdy. Please love me unconditionally... um... & the South... but OK, the South may come with conditions.

reformed grit

Puritan Board Freshman
Please don't hate me for my flag, or being "bah, humbug" on Christmas or Yule or whatever.

I said, "Please".
Oh, and it's spelled "favour", not "favor", but I'm not judging or making a poll or anything.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
Welcome, Timothy!

Southerners are welcome on the Board, as long as they don't try to make me grits, or something. . . Heh.

Irenaeus

Puritan Board Freshman
I'll take the grits. A pinch of salt and a healthy dollop of butter, cheese, and sausage will do just fine, please and thank you.

reformed grit

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome, Timothy!

Southerners are welcome on the Board, as long as they don't try to make me grits, or something. . . Heh.
Thanks Zach... oh wait... Zuelch. That has to be the coolest name in the whole PB universe. Well, that and Herman Hoeksema. How did anyone ever get the squirrel gumption to kick that dear dutchly fellow out of anywhere? God bless the OPC for Gordon Clark, btw... well, at least initially. And God bless the OPC (& WTS) for helping out the ol' Eureka Classis... well, 'till Norman got involved. And God bless WTS for helping out our lovely Korean folk too. And hey, if'n your're a-gonna be eatin' grits, well, trust me, it's Southerners you really really want to be fixin' them for you. Have you tried Californian grits? Well don't.

Taylor

Puritan Board Graduate
Well, this is certainly the most interesting "Introduce Yourself" thread I've ever seen.

I see in your signature that you're from Georgia. Are you still in Georgia?

reformed grit

Puritan Board Freshman
I'll take the grits. A pinch of salt and a healthy dollop of butter, cheese, and sausage will do just fine, please and thank you.
Wow, you got some hearts on that one. I know, I know, it's maybe a head-wagging shame folk don't often count Florida as part of the South, but it sure looks like mom raised you right. You make a strong case for a nice communion meal, but Indys likely already have a lot on their plate, so...

reformed grit

Puritan Board Freshman
It's good to see the Georgia contingent showing up, though honestly, Southern hospitality has likely been given special PB sanction of greeting folk. That's a good sign.

Oh wait, where is Pennsylvania again? We can still count them as part of the South, right?

reformed grit

Puritan Board Freshman
No, although the pastor of that church is the moderator of our presbytery. I live way up north of Athens, in Danielsville. I am a member of Heritage OPC in Royston, GA.
Ahhh, so you get to go sailing on Hartwell now and again. Lake sailing is a wonderful thing.

Irenaeus

Puritan Board Freshman
Wow, you got some hearts on that one. I know, I know, it's maybe a head-wagging shame folk don't often count Florida as part of the South, but it sure looks like mom raised you right. You make a strong case for a nice communion meal, but Indys likely already have a lot on their plate, so...
Actually I discovered grits made right as an adult. I could tell you how my mom made them, but I don't think you'd be emotionally prepared to handle that.

reformed grit

Puritan Board Freshman
I'm glad to see dem Dawgs doin' well. 2 nephews have matriculated there, with one now working at Lockheed Martin. Tears, they're um... Baptists, though the eldest has now ventured into nondenom territory.
And to bemoan further fartherly and bring everyone down, I used to enjoy sports, but now they're an almost complete ruin for me. It's as if Sherman marched through the hominy fields with bushels of tares. Even collegiate & high-school sports haven't been spared. I'm forced to watch local bowling, bocce ball, or.... Canadian curling. "Hard! HAAARRRD!!"

ps. If you're playing football in the pool.... you might be doing it wrong. I'm just sayin'.

reformed grit

Puritan Board Freshman
You absolutely, positively may not! Though ironically you do see your share of rebel flags in the old Commonwealth.

I will take some grits, however.
Wellll... I'm not one to be picky, but have you seen the land grant appointed by King James in 1609? Yes, Virginia, there is a Pennsy clause.

Yep, and I'm almost certain Georgia may thusly claim the Westminster, CA church too.
I'm not sure one wants to mess around with the divine rights of kings. I seem to recall a lot of folk died over that sort of thing.

Last edited: