How You Like Your Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan&Amber2013

Puritan Board Senior
I've really been enjoying tea lately. Do any of you have any good combinations or secrets you want to share? So far, Earl Grey with honey and maybe some cinnamon seems to be my favorite.

I only use loose leaf tea. Dragonfruit Devotion by Teavana with honey is my fav

Mmm, I grew up on southern black iced tea.

Lapsang Souchong. A smoky black tea. Hot, slightly sweetened. :-o. Do it.

I'm more of a coffee guy though I enjoy loose leaf tea that is brewed with a keurig reusable cartridge. A teaspoon does the trick. Black tea in the morning and caffeine free blends at night.

I like Earl Grey, Prince of Wales, Jasmine, Lapsang Souchang and many others (all Twinings loose). For more special occasions, Fortnum & Mason (right now, Queen Anne; especially their specialties, Twinings too, like Anniversary Tea). A bit of honey and milk.

Peace,
Alan

My late step-brother, Drew, kept a blog about his love of tea and related travels. You'll surely find some stuff you'll want to try.

Afternoon tea: PG Tips and a smidge of sugar.
Ice tea: China Mist passion fruit bulk tea. Its natural sweetness can often distract me for months at a time, keeping me away from the buckets of sweet tea syrup I grew up with in Georgia and absolutely love.

I am not an expert on tea but lived long enough to have tasted a few brands. I am with Alan as far as normal intake is concerned, and regularly use Twinning varieties. But also use their various packets of green tea with mint, peach etc flavouring. But the favourite brand of mine, though a little expensive, is Orchid White Tea bought in the Orchid Gardens,Singapore. Though in a tin that only is two and a half inches square x three and a half inches high, it has lasted 2years! The reason is that one only has to put in half a teaspoon of tea into the teapot for two! When two bone China cups are filled, more hot water can be poured upon the tea leaves in the pot, and amazingly the tea grows stronger! Similarly if one tops up the third time there is an increase in strength, which happens with true china tea. The aroma and taste is delicate yet pleasing to the palate, and does not require milk or sugar.
Another tea that I was given was from a small private tea plantation in China called Wangchai tea, which is even more delicate and the bouquet and taste is but a whisper, yet appreciatively satisfying.
The important thing is to stop the kettle before it actually comes to boiling point, otherwise the tea is scorched. But I must admit that the the only accompaniment with fish and chips is a strong brown tea with milk and drunk from a mug! I think the Japanese have a reverent attitude to the making and serving of tea, with a ritual that makes the event something more than ordinary.

More on black teas, an English or Irish breakfast is a treat. Trader Joe's sells a great Irish breakfast.

What are your thoughts on the Celestials? I use decaf which is what they primarily are. The only one I had was the sleepy time which wasn't my favorite.

I don't actually like tea *but* I visited a Victorian tea house in which I was served chocolate tea. It was essentially a very diluted and less sweet hot chocolate. That was... not bad, but I'm not sure if that was even a flavor of tea served back then.

I don't like smokey varieties like Lapsang Souchong. Just standard English Breakfast - or Tetley - for me. Milk no sugar.

Not too much milk. It must be reasonably strong, flavoursome and refreshing. Too much milk and it is insipid dishwater.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Since we moved to the east side of the state, I can't find it, but I used to really like ripe pu-erh tea. A Chinese woman in Seattle ran a tea shop with exotic teas from the east. She introduced us to pu-erh, and we ended up spoiled.

I drink Twinings English or Irish Breakfast. I let it steep in my cup (a large mug, actually) for the entirety of the time that I'm drinking it, making it rather strong. No milk or sugar. I drink one or two cups a day.

https://dailyhealthpost.com/pesticides-tea/

I really think you all should read this link. The only certified brand of popular tea with zero pesticide residue is Red Rose.

If you ever read about the terrible, toxic ( often not approved by the EPA in this country) sprays used overseas, you might never drink anything but Red Rose or organic tea again.

You will also end up with a nice mug full of little collectible Red Rose figurines as the years go by. Fun for visiting kids to play with.

VB- My son buys pu-err online.....

https://dailyhealthpost.com/pesticides-tea/

I really think you all should read this link. The only certified brand of popular tea with zero pesticide residue is Red Rose.

If you ever read about the terrible, toxic ( often not approved by the EPA in this country) sprays used overseas, you might never drink anything but Red Rose or organic tea again.

You will also end up with a nice mug full of little collectible Red Rose figurines as the years go by. Fun for visiting kids to play with.

VB- My son buys pu-err online.....
Debbie downer ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back