How many posts until you graduate from Puritanboard Freshman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nothing to add to this conversation

However,I have wanted to use this smilie and have not found the right thread to use it so here goes:hunter:

I'm afraid I still dont have anything to add to this thread

Thank you for adding so much nothing into this thread, and in such a meaningful way.

Theognome

Your Welcome,Yet,I must say that even at this stage of the game I have nothing to say

However I have two posts to go to reach 400 and will not stoop so low as to begin pandering for thank you's for these posts,even though I have not recieved a thank you for this post yet,I am anticipating at least one thank you.......

Just in case you missed it before and for nostalgia's sake here is one of my posts from the old days,such were the antics of Godly men moved with a desire to reach the PuritanBoard Sophmore level,-Good Times!!

I think this thread has been side tracked. We need to return to it's true infallible purpose:

Dolphins with laser beams vs. giraffes with machine guns?

This is another case of neither, for water refracts light, thus rendering the dolphin's lasers very inaccurate and thus ineffective. At the same time, water also deflects bullets; so the fire from the giraffes would likewise miss their target.

The solution is obvious- a bullfrog with a harpoon missile will decimate the lot of them.

Theognome

Interesting points. But what if the giraffes have water proof nuclear missiles?

You seem to have forgotten the altitude factor.

Giraffes, having the highest altitude of all creation, suffer from chronic nose bleeds. Giraffe blood, when combined with giraffe boogers, is a natural narcotic. Thus giraffes, being constantly high, simply stand there and giggle at the thought of nuclear war and never actually get around to pushing the button.

Bullfrogs, on the other hand, (Jeremiah being particularly prominent as well as a good friend) are accustomed to being flattened by teenagers driving Fords and are thus prone to missile use.

Theognome

This is another case of neither, for water refracts light, thus rendering the dolphin's lasers very inaccurate and thus ineffective. At the same time, water also deflects bullets; so the fire from the giraffes would likewise miss their target.

The solution is obvious- a bullfrog with a harpoon missile will decimate the lot of them.

Theognome

Giraffes, having the highest altitude of all creation, suffer from chronic nose bleeds. Giraffe blood, when combined with giraffe boogers, are a natural narcotic. Thus giraffes, being constantly high, simply stand there and giggle at the thought of nuclear war and never actually get around to pushing the button.

Bullfrogs, on the other hand, (Jeremiah being particularly prominent as well as a good friend) are accustomed to being flattened by teenagers driving Fords and are thus prone to missile use.

Theognome

Of course - we can so easily forget - that giraffes produce so many boogers that they fall out of their noses, and because of the high height and the wonderful law of gravity, they hit the buttons below with enough force so as to "push the button." Therefore, nuclear war and thus, destruction of all that is bullfrog.

Thank you for adding so much nothing into this thread, and in such a meaningful way.

Theognome

Your Welcome,Yet,I must say that even at this stage of the game I have nothing to say

However I have two posts to go to reach 400 and will not stoop so low as to begin pandering for thank you's for these posts,even though I have not recieved a thank you for this post yet,I am anticipating at least one thank you.......

Just in case you missed it before and for nostalgia's sake here is one of my posts from the old days,such were the antics of Godly men moved with a desire to reach the PuritanBoard Sophmore level,-Good Times!!

Ah yes, the good old days! My, how the young whippersnappers have changed since then. Speaking of young'uns, I'm surprised Thornquist hasn't barged in and derailed the thread with that goofy hamster choking on the karot.

Theognome

Giraffes, having the highest altitude of all creation, suffer from chronic nose bleeds. Giraffe blood, when combined with giraffe boogers, is a natural narcotic. Thus giraffes, being constantly high, simply stand there and giggle at the thought of nuclear war and never actually get around to pushing the button.

Theognome

Theognome, I don't know why, but for some reason that post made me smile.

:rofl:

On the other hand, dolphins, having a highly advanced cortex and built-in sonar, should theoretically be able to compensate for the refraction.

Alternatively, they could leap out of the water and blast their enemies from behind...

Giraffes, having the highest altitude of all creation, suffer from chronic nose bleeds. Giraffe blood, when combined with giraffe boogers, are a natural narcotic. Thus giraffes, being constantly high, simply stand there and giggle at the thought of nuclear war and never actually get around to pushing the button.

Theognome

Of course - we can so easily forget - that giraffes produce so many boogers that they fall out of their noses, and because of the high height and the wonderful law of gravity, they hit the buttons below with enough force so as to "push the button." Therefore, nuclear war and thus, destruction of all that is bullfrog.

Problem- Giraffes are so addicted to the boogers that they snort them, thus they never get the chance to fall to the ground. Furthermore, if you look at the photo below-

giraffe_ngr4450.jpg

You will notice that the buttons are on the top of it's head and thus imune to the gravitational effects of giraffe boogers.

Theognome

*snip*

Problem- Giraffes are so addicted to the boogers that they snort them, thus they never get the chance to fall to the ground. Furthermore, if you look at the photo below-

giraffe_ngr4450.jpg

You will notice that the buttons are on the top of it's head and thus imune to the gravitational effects of giraffe boogers.

Theognome

But not immune to the tremendous G-forces of the giraffe lifting its head from the watering hole when hit in the behind with a small, slender needle.

*snip*

giraffe_ngr4450.jpg

Theognome

But not immune to the tremendous G-forces of the giraffe lifting its head from the watering hole when hit in the behind with a small, slender needle.

Oh, they are quite immune. Notice the stoned look on his face due to the narcotic boogers. You could run him through with a spear and he wouldn't notice a thing.

Theognome

that's the whole point, isn't it? This thread does have a point-utter pointlessness....

So then it is like an episode of Seinfeld. It is the Thread about nothing! :D

Of course, but this thread extrapolates the utter nonsense of Seinfeld 100 fold. Which is a seriously scary thought. We could be God's judgment on the Reformed world for its worldliness.

God created something from nothing. Thus we are demonstrating a great truth of Creation. So, we can snub Seinfeld at our theological leisure.

Theognome

that's the whole point, isn't it? This thread does have a point-utter pointlessness....

Of course, but this thread extrapolates the utter nonsense of Seinfeld 100 fold. Which is a seriously scary thought. We could be God's judgment on the Reformed world for its worldliness.

This apocalyptic turn is perhaps disturbing. What if this thread is like "The Nothing" from "The Never Ending Story" and it continually expands to consume first the PB, then the reformed world, then the evangelical world, the emergent world, etc., etc., etc.?!

:eek:

Thank you all so much! This is my 500th post! I am now a sophmore! So this is what it feels like to "know everything". Utter pointlessness has its benefits!

This apocalyptic turn is perhaps disturbing. What if this thread is like "The Nothing" from "The Never Ending Story" and it continually expands to consume first the PB, then the reformed world, then the evangelical world, the emergent world, etc., etc., etc.?!

You talk as if Reformed Christians expanding to take over the world is a bad thing...

Theognome

*snip*

giraffe_ngr4450.jpg

Theognome

Oh, they are quite immune. Notice the stoned look on his face due to the narcotic boogers. You could run him through with a spear and he wouldn't notice a thing.

Theognome

The giraffe, certainly, is quite immune. It wouldn't even notice if the bombs began going off all around it. The buttons on its head, however, would almost certainly be accidentally depressed in the circumstances described; I can provide the mathematical equations if you require.

Theognome

The giraffe, certainly, is quite immune. It wouldn't even notice if the bombs began going off all around it. The buttons on its head, however, would almost certainly be accidentally depressed in the circumstances described; I can provide the mathematical equations if you require.

Provide your proofs, Sir. Ensure you use tangible premises.

Theognome

You talk as if Reformed Christians expanding to take over the world is a bad thing...

Theognome

No, not Reformed Christians... but "the thread". You must have seen the movie for frame of reference.

Assume that the force necessary to depress the button is approximately 9VRMS at 60Hz. If the giraffe's neck is 7 feet long, then a rapid upward movement should generate 7*1.414 or 9.898VRMS. Assuming the neck reaches vertical in under 2.4 seconds, this should be sufficient to ensure the required cyclical frequency of 60Hz.

Close, but not quite. If you take giraffe, translate it into Greek (Koine), then into Homeric Greek, then take the letters and arrange them at the corners of a triangle, then take that to the Priory of Sion, who will translate it into Hebrew and place the letters at the corner of a fleur-de-lis. Then take that to the Knights Templar, and they translate it into Russian and place the letters around there seal. Then, with the left-over letters, take them to Opus Dei, who will translate the letters into Latin. Then on the third day, after a Heroic minute, they will place the letters into the special places on the altar at the Vatican, the altar will open, revealing the Holy Grail, and the giraffes will be revealed for what they are --Sonic the Hedgehog!!!!

Confused? Confused?

How about how they are going to explain all the great technology in the new Star Trek movie?

How about the story line of the Klingon disease that made them look plainer in the Star Trek Enterprise episode?

How about anytime Picard beat the Borg?

And the everso popular, How about any time that a red shirt beamed down with Kirk and Spock and lived to tell the tale!

Confused? Confused?

How about how they are going to explain all the great technology in the new Star Trek movie?

How about the story line of the Klingon disease that made them look plainer in the Star Trek Enterprise episode?

How about anytime Picard beat the Borg?

And the everso popular, How about any time that a red shirt beamed down with Kirk and Spock and lived to tell the tale!

Never. (why is it they always die?)

Close, but not quite. If you take giraffe, translate it into Greek (Koine), then into Homeric Greek, then take the letters and arrange them at the corners of a triangle, then take that to the Priory of Sion, who will translate it into Hebrew and place the letters at the corner of a fleur-de-lis. Then take that to the Knights Templar, and they translate it into Russian and place the letters around there seal. Then, with the left-over letters, take them to Opus Dei, who will translate the letters into Latin. Then on the third day, after a Heroic minute, they will place the letters into the special places on the altar at the Vatican, the altar will open, revealing the Holy Grail, and the giraffes will be revealed for what they are --Sonic the Hedgehog!!!!

You have opened up the proverbial can of worms:

Sonic the Hedgehog vs. Super Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back