How many posts until you graduate from Puritanboard Freshman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the most important thread ever penned here on the Puritanboard. I just feel that this must be so.

I just had to post to be a part of this historic thread. Years later people can approach me and say "were you there?" And I can say "Yes." Bliss!

History at the Puritanboard will be defined by this thread. PTE (pre thread era) and TE (thread era).

Any accusations of illusions of grandeur on my part will be ignored as ignorant protests from traditional pre-threadites.

Hmmm... no mention of Van Til vs Clark... no mention of North vs South... no mention of infra vs supralapsarianism... Boy! This is peaceful isn't?

Man! I feel the need to pick a fight!
:lol:

BTW Did anybody answer the original question that our friend asked?

This thread has not yet acheived immortality, for Bawb has not yet graced it with his presence.

Theognome

-----Added 3/6/2009 at 08:28:04 EST-----

Which magical world would win? Oz or Middle Earth?

I vote Oz, because Oz sounds cool and that is all that matters in important discussions such as these.

Then the true winner is Xanth.

Theognome

I am impressed at the breadth of your reading! Xanth would very much win! Unfortunately, Florida would lose horribly.

I think this is the most important thread ever penned here on the Puritanboard. I just feel that this must be so.

I agree about Florida- It just can't take any more punishment.

...And your subjective truth is unquestionably correct.

Theognome

Reading this thread has been a huge waste of time.

that's the whole point, isn't it? This thread does have a point-utter pointlessness-but that renders the point meaningless because it actually does have a point, the point that it has no point.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

This is starting to sound like postmodernity.

Reading this thread has been a huge waste of time.

that's the whole point, isn't it? This thread does have a point-utter pointlessness-but that renders the point meaningless because it actually does have a point, the point that it has no point.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

This is starting to sound like postmodernity.

Postmodernity is soooo PTE (post-thread era). We are now in post postmodernity now that we are in the TE (thread era).

The point of this thread is that it's awesome and that it includes this picture:

baboon.jpg

PTE: Pre-thread era
TE: Thread era
PTE: Post-thread era

The only one that matters is TE. We can accidentally destroy the rest in a cataclysmic black hole if we want to.

My turn. The more I read the more I like this thread.

I'm surprised nobody seems to have mentioned that fact that if you thank someone for a post you get credited with a post. (Rich, please don't turn this feature off!!!) 951 of my nearly 3900 posts have been for thanking someone.

:graduate: Without which I would still be experiencing a prolonged "senior year".

BTW anyone know what this is for?
:bueller:

PS

:D Don't everybody thank me at once.

I'm surprised nobody seems to have mentioned that fact that if you thank someone for a post you get credited with a post. 951 of my nearly 3900 posts have been for thanking someone. Without which I would still be experiencing a prolonged "senior year".

:wink: Don't everybody thank me at once.

So you lost your seniority then?

Theognome

I'm surprised nobody seems to have mentioned that fact that if you thank someone for a post you get credited with a post. 951 of my nearly 3900 posts have been for thanking someone. Without which I would still be experiencing a prolonged "senior year".

:wink: Don't everybody thank me at once.

Theognome

He became an aluminium, Theognome.

I'm surprised nobody seems to have mentioned that fact that if you thank someone for a post you get credited with a post. (Rich, please don't turn this feature off!!!) 951 of my nearly 3900 posts have been for thanking someone.

:graduate: Without which I would still be experiencing a prolonged "senior year".

BTW anyone know what this is for?
:bueller:

PS

:D Don't everybody thank me at once.

Thanks for the info Jay. I had no idea...I will now be thanking every post on this thread.

Thanks for the info Jay. I had no idea...I will now be thanking every post on this thread.

You're welcome.

I have heard it's possible to "run out of thanks" but I never have. I'm not sure what the conditions are for that. Other than that, have fun!

You're welcome.

I have heard it's possible to "run out of thanks" but I never have. I'm not sure what the conditions are for that. Other than that, have fun!

I am not sure how to run out of thanks either, but I think it is a post-to-thanks ratio. I just don't know the ratio.

OK... I quit. The puns are distracting me.

-----Added 3/6/2009 at 03:55:45 EST-----

You're welcome.

I am not sure how to run out of thanks either, but I think it is a post-to-thanks ratio. I just don't know the ratio.

In that case I need some more posts. I just ran out. :(

Oh wait--they're back. That's weird.

Theognome

No, I left it behind after grabbing my sheepskin.

Wool ewe stop wtop with the jokes? They have mutton in common with this thread.

-----Added 3/6/2009 at 03:45:03 EST-----

He became an aluminium, Theognome.

Are you saying I really foiled things up?

He's just testing your metal.

Theognome

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think this thread has been side tracked. We need to return to it's true infallible purpose:

Dolphins with laser beams vs. giraffes with machine guns?

I think this thread has been side tracked. We need to return to it's true infallible purpose:

Dolphins. If you've ever seen Madagascar you'll know why.

On another note, though, if it was infallible, it would have never been sidetracked in the first place.

Then again, I get sidetracked all the time... maybe that means I'm infallible...

I like your reasoning!

This is another case of neither, for water refracts light, thus rendering the dolphin's lasers very inaccurate and thus ineffective. At the same time, water also deflects bullets; so the fire from the giraffes would likewise miss their target.

The solution is obvious- a bullfrog with a harpoon missile will decimate the lot of them.

Theognome

This is another case of neither, for water refracts light, thus rendering the dolphin's lasers very inaccurate and thus ineffective. At the same time, water also deflects bullets; so the fire from the giraffes would likewise miss their target.

The solution is obvious- a bullfrog with a harpoon missile will decimate the lot of them.

Theognome

Interesting points. But what if the giraffes have water proof nuclear missiles?

Ah yes, another day, another useless post.

No post in this thread is useless. Rather, every post in this thread contributes to the ultimate goal of continuing the awesomeness which is this thread.

"We all agree!"

:wycliffe::augustine::luther::katherineluther: :ursinus: :knox::turretin::boston::owen::henderson: :gillespie: :manton::rutherford::henry::bunyan::ladyjanegrey: :edwards: :charleshodge::warfield::dabney: :girardeau: :berkhof::machen::vantil::murray: :spurgeon: :lloyd-jones::clark::calvin::tyndale:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back