How many kids do you have?

How many children do you have? Natural or adopted.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Five: Peter (10-1/2), Jeremiah (10-1/2), Emma Grace (8-1/2), Noah (6-1/2), and Mercy (2). All natural, though we would like to adopt someday.

Full Quiver

Wow! You guys are all across the board on this one!!!

I like Chris' comment: zero. And I'm not single. My wife and I are not physically able to have children. It's an extremely sad and unbelieveable story, but a situation that we both walked into with our eyes open. We hope to adopt...and now see verses in the Bible about Gentiles being adopted into the faith as very special.

Funny, though...I'm one of 10 (9 still living). My parent's first child died of a Wilm's Tumor when she was five years old, so my mom turned everything over to the Birth Controller after that. I was in high school when my youngest brother was born. I fed him and changed his diaper and basically learned all the fathering skills I'll ever need...but...will I ever use them? :banghead:

We have 4: 12, 10, 8, 6

We might have one on the way! If you have time, pls pray because we really want more. (This would be our first reversal baby)

We are also hoping to adopt from the county. We are awaiting our 'home study'.

:amen: Same with us Ken. I will pray for you guys. Please also keep us in your prayers. Hubby had reversal in Oct. Lord willing we will have more. :pray2:

How long have you guys been trying?

We have 4 beautiful children. Three lovely girls Madeleine Joy 12 yrs, Natalie May 11 yrs, and Noelle Gloria 9 yrs and our beautiful boy Nathan Thomas 9 yrs. :pilgrim: :pilgrim: :pilgrim: :pilgrim:

Psalm 144:12
12 That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace

My parents have not rejoiced at any of our birth announcements. And they have specifically advised against adoption, but could not provide a single reason. We have not obeyed our parents in this either because it is definitely not of the Lord.

Yeah, the worst thing done to my uncle and his wife by my grandparents was by their telling my aunt and uncle (who couldn't have kids) that there would STRONG disapproval of any adoptions they were to do - that adopted kids were weird, caused problems etc... in my grandfather's medical practice experience.

I've always felt really horrible for them with that, since that was the sole reason they didn't adopt kids :(

After a several year wait we are finally about to adopt our first child from China. We should get our referral (i.e. her info and picture) in the next few weeks and travel to China around July/Aug.

Throughout this entire process I have been amazed at the large number of people who are cruel, bigots, racist, stupid, or simply ignorant. Ignorance I can easily excuse, and we try to educate those people when we encounter them and they make inappropriate comments out of simple ignorance. Dealing with the others, however, can be a bit frustrating, to say the least.

People occasionally make comments about "slanty-eyed children," "communist babies," "they're not real children," and other equally idiotic things. They frequently for some reason assume that it is their right to know everything about how much it is costing us, why we are adopting, why don't we adopt an American child, and so on. We've even had some "friends" say that adopting a child is wrong because those children are "contaminated" by the world.

The most common first or second question is: "why don't you adopt an American child?" If I know the person and it seems that they are just curious then I will discuss it with them without any annoyance at all. Unfortunately, it is frequently the case that it is more an accusation than a genuine question out of ignorance or simple curiosity. They tell us (unsolicited mind you) that they think we should adopt out of the foster system in America, adopt one of the "many thousands" of babies needing/waiting on homes here (pulling that fact out of their backsides, since it simply isn't true), and the like. Of course if you respond by asking them how many children they have adopted "out of the foster system" or any other way, they of course haven't adopted any...and yet are still confused, dumbfounded, and can't seem to grasp the relevance of the question. :banghead:

And worst of all...I fully expect one day in the future I will be with my daughter somewhere and I will be asked to "prove" that she is my child simply because I'm white and she is asian. We don't share the same race, so of course I must be a child abductor or molester. Unfortunately that is a scenario that has happened far too many times to adopted fathers of children of different ethnicity.

Very very sad.

Last edited:
Gloria and I have three children: Kyle Matthew (25), Caitlin Elaine (23), and Jessica Rose (21). We would have tried for at least one more if Gloria's muscular dystrophy hadn't gotten in the way.

And we have one cat who is, of course, the sanest member of the family.

I see no one's gone the George Foreman route and named all their children after themselves!

I have six daughters, the oldest nearly 12, the youngest 18 months.

I'd take six more any day! (girls or boys)

I like Chris' comment: zero. And I'm not single. My wife and I are not physically able to have children. It's an extremely sad and unbelieveable story, but a situation that we both walked into with our eyes open. We hope to adopt...and now see verses in the Bible about Gentiles being adopted into the faith as very special.

Funny, though...I'm one of 10 (9 still living). My parent's first child died of a Wilm's Tumor when she was five years old, so my mom turned everything over to the Birth Controller after that. I was in high school when my youngest brother was born. I fed him and changed his diaper and basically learned all the fathering skills I'll ever need...but...will I ever use them?

Brother, adoption IS a wonderful thing. We adopted first (Esther and Joseph), then had 3 children biologically, and are now adopting again. So far, Ethiopia looks like a great place to adopt from; it's cheap (relatively speaking) and there are plenty of sibling groups of 3 or 4 waiting for someone to adopt them - an instant family!

The other thing is that adopting from Ethiopia is relatively problem-free with regards to attachment disorder and such. The children have been loved by their parents and have little difficultry making new attachments. I would highly recommend it (IF it is your and your wife's calling - it's not for everyone.)

If you are looking at this sort of thing (sibling groups or older adoptions), do pick and choose what you read online. So much of what is out there deals with the issues associated with children being adopted out of the US Foster Program (I'm sure Bob Vigneault could answer questions on that for you). Attachment disorder is a big issue there, as it is with children who have been institutionalized (as is the case with many former Soviet Bloc countries). If you have any other questions, please do let me know. I'm happy to blather on about this for hours if you'll let me! :)

Reversals and Adoption

First, what's a "reversal baby?" It that when it is born butt first instead of head first???

Or...is it one of those "Bill Gothard, Growing Kids God's Way, Ezo Method, Undo my vasectomy" babies???

Okay...maybe that was bit harsh. I like Bill Gothard and was amazed at his vison to have a choir full of "reversal babies" singing to the Lord. But some of his followers are CRAZY!

Now...about adoption...Michael...I am white and I speak Mandarin. I've lived in China three years, so I hope to adopt from Chain...and I will call you when I'm ready to :banghead: okay???

A few stunning things I learned from Bill Gothard:

1. Listening to Christian rock is "fellowship with demons."

2. Figure + Nudity = p0rnography

3. Rock music causes “a mix-up in the alpha waves between the two hemispheres of the brain, resulting in what some researchers call ‘switching.’ ‘Switching’ is a phenomenon which occurs in adult schizophrenics to produce regression to infantile, reptilian locomotion (where crawling is done with the same, rather than the opposite, arms and legs).”

Hmm, so if you are a doctor reading an illustrated medical text book while listening to Phil Keaggy then that means you are: reading p0rnography while fellowshipping with demons, and likely to be walking like a lizard eventually. :D

Now...about adoption...Michael...I am white and I speak Mandarin. I've lived in China three years, so I hope to adopt from Chain...and I will call you when I'm ready to :banghead: okay???

Sure thing! Because you know that our adoption is an open book to anyone and everyone who wants to know. And we invite, even welcome all criticism of our motives and choices. As does every other family who adopts internationally...apparantly. :banana:

We've got three:
One with the Lord
One daughter (Maron Elizabeth - 2)
One son (Jackson Scott - due July 10 D.v.)

My wife and I have 4 and just found out #5 is on the way! Bethel Ann (9) Nathiel David (7) Joshua Mark (3) Jadon Paul (almost 2). Miss Bethel is furiously praying for a sister, she is not too concerned for God's opinion at the moment :pray2:

If a girl, we are considering Elizabeth Joy, meaning: My God is an oath, joy

If boy, perhaps Gabriel Alexander Meaning: Strong man of God, defender

My wife and I have 4 and just found out #5 is on the way! Bethel Ann (9) Nathiel David (7) Joshua Mark (3) Jadon Paul (almost 2). Miss Bethel is furiously praying for a sister, she is not too concerned for God's opinion at the moment :pray2:

If a girl, we are considering Elizabeth Joy, meaning: My God is an oath, joy

If boy, perhaps Gabriel Alexander Meaning: Strong man of God, defender

:up::up:

God bless.

FYI, 337 children among 93 families! Look at all those future PB members out there! (I factored in Rev. Winzer to help the results because he's another with 12 kids and a 13th on the way!)

That's an average of 3.62 children per family!

I'd love to try this out on a pagan board (I'm going to do that and get back to you with the number of kids/family). I'm guessing many of them won't count their unborn children.

Incidentally, I have four - James (4), Anna (3), Sophia (1), and a child in the womb. We should add to the numbers by having every body guess the number of children that are still in our loins!

Incidentally, I have four - James (4), Anna (3), Sophia (1), and a child in the womb. We should add to the numbers by having every body guess the number of children that are still in our loins!

I would guess that a woman must have an extraordinary physical constitution to successfully give birth 13 times (thinking of Mrs. Winzer, et al). What a blessing that must be!

We have four: James (almost 5 yrs. old), Anna (3 yrs. old), Sophia (14 months) and one in-utero (8 weeks). All are a blessing from the Lord!

When I look at the poll and see the glorious statistics, I praise God for all the beautiful children he has brought to the PB members in whatever way He has chosen to do so. I know there are some out there who deeply desire children and cannot have them for reasons only known to the Lord. Thank you for rejoicing with us, despite your struggles.

I would guess that a woman must have an extraordinary physical constitution to successfully give birth 13 times (thinking of Mrs. Winzer, et al). What a blessing that must be!

My grandmother, who just died recently at 97, had 17 children! She had 9 boys and 8 girls. My other grandmother had 5 children. That ended up giving me about 40 aunts and uncles and about 70 cousins. I have no idea how many 2nd cousins, cousins once removed, and so on that I have.

She was fairly healthy and had a mind and memory as sharp as a tack all the way until she died.

We should add to the numbers by having every body guess the number of children that are still in our loins!

We tend to adopt - are we to speculate on the loins of other men?? :lol:

I love looking through these threads with my wife. It is never just the number of children that I love to read of, but more the attitude of those who post and read about this subject. The PB is a great place to be. :up:

First, what's a "reversal baby?" It that when it is born butt first instead of head first???

Or...is it one of those "Bill Gothard, Growing Kids God's Way, Ezo Method, Undo my vasectomy" babies???

Okay...maybe that was bit harsh. I like Bill Gothard and was amazed at his vison to have a choir full of "reversal babies" singing to the Lord. But some of his followers are CRAZY!

Bill Gothard, GKGW, Ezo...no. In fact...GKGW & Ezo are not "pro reversal"...most that I've seen take their courses actually have vasectomies (and I can understand why with the attitudes that go with the program...I took the program at one time).

Reversal Babies are just what you think though...babies that couples were blessed with after a reversal. Many kick themselves for "getting fixed" (breaking what works just fine)...the chances of pregnancy after are greatly reduced. So to get pregnant after is a joy.

I'll refrain from giving my opinions on Gothard...let's just say they aren't good...and I've been to Seminar...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back