How many kids do you have?

How many children do you have? Natural or adopted.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Puritan Board Doctor
I am curious how many children PB members have. I have noticed that reformed christians tend to have slightly larger families. And the Dutch tend to have really large families.

So how many do you have?

BTW No prizes for the "winner":D

We have three ex-utero, and one in-utero at the moment... the three older girls are Abigail Marie (6), Sarah Grace (4) and Rebekah Anne (turns 2 on 5/22). The fourth is also a girl, who by common consensus is already named Naomi Elizabeth. :)

Todd

I'm sorry - I didn't mean that as an indicator of being offended. I was merely curious. Seems like there are a good many single people here, and -0- would be a common poll choice.

we two, our two

Hi ! In India our govt is propogating "we two, our two" policy and we seem to be following that.

We have two kids namely Joel (son) of 4 years and a daughter, Upasana of 2 years.

pls pray for us.

We have 4: 12, 10, 8, 6

We might have one on the way! If you have time, pls pray because we really want more. (This would be our first reversal baby)

We are also hoping to adopt from the county. We are awaiting our 'home study'.

3 kids (1 of which is a step-child)

Zoe (age 4), Brian (age 6, almost 7), Autumn (age 24).

Five: Esther, Joseph, Hannah, Anneliese and Izaak (with hopefully Judah, Isaiah, Elijah and Josiah on the way from Ethiopia by spring of '08.)

Anyway, I believe my parents would vote for "Enough" if you had that as a vote option.

My parents would agree with yours concerning our family.... both my parents and my in-laws think we are absolutely certifiable for having three kids, let alone the fourth who is due in September. We've clearly not listened to our parents.

My parents would agree with yours concerning our family.... both my parents and my in-laws think we are absolutely certifiable for having three kids, let alone the fourth who is due in September. We've clearly not listened to our parents.

My parents have not rejoiced at any of our birth announcements. And they have specifically advised against adoption, but could not provide a single reason. We have not obeyed our parents in this either because it is definitely not of the Lord.

My parents have not rejoiced at any of our birth announcements. And they have specifically advised against adoption, but could not provide a single reason. We have not obeyed our parents in this either because it is definitely not of the Lord.
Yeah, the worst thing done to my uncle and his wife by my grandparents was by their telling my aunt and uncle (who couldn't have kids) that there would STRONG disapproval of any adoptions they were to do - that adopted kids were weird, caused problems etc... in my grandfather's medical practice experience.

I've always felt really horrible for them with that, since that was the sole reason they didn't adopt kids :(

This is my summation... Irreligious, materialistic and narcisstic people do not want children, because they think of them as liabilities, drudgeries and they tremble at the prospect of giving any love and nurture to anyone but themselves. The worst thing a parent could tell a kid in a moment of anxiety or hardship is that they regret having children. Granted, breeding like a bunny-rabbit doesn't by implication make one a stellar Christian if they are at all. So, don't misunderstand me.

I'm going to have a whole litter of rugrats.
:cheers:

I am curious how many children PB members have. I have noticed that reformed christians tend to have slightly larger families. And the Dutch tend to have really large families.

So how many do you have?

BTW No prizes for the "winner":D

My last name is Snyder.... Dutch, but I only have 3 boys. I wanted a lot more but things just didn't work out.

This is my summation... Irreligious, materialistic and narcisstic people do not want children, because they think of them as liabilities, drudgeries and they tremble at the prospect of giving any love and nurture to anyone but themselves. The worst thing a parent could tell a kid in a moment of anxiety or hardship is that they regret having children. Granted, breeding like a bunny-rabbit doesn't by implication make one a stellar Christian if they are at all. So, don't misunderstand me.

I'm going to have a whole litter of rugrats.
:cheers:
The worst thing a good friend of mine was told is that "you were a mistake" by her parents, and its not just been in a time of stress - it's been done even normally. It's caused so much damage to this girl's soul and it+other family issues have served to harden her so much to Christianity its depressing to think about.

One child, a daughter. Naturally born but adopted into God's family! She is now 16 and the source of much joy for my wife and I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back