How full is your quiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one (1). We were not able to have more children. God saw fit, in His sovereignty, to fill our quiver with one and only one child. She is 16 years old and as beautiful as her mother. She has a tender heart and a desire to serve God. She is all teenager, but she displays the qualities that her mother and I pray will allow her to be a mature and responsible adult.

Praise God for those of you who have many children. May God bless each one them. For those of you that have not been able to have children, may God grant you grace and fulfilment in other areas. Laurie and I have learned to appreciate every moment we have with the precious gift God has given us.

I have a beautiful little rambunctious daughter...she is 4.5 now. Wow, how time flies.
1.JPG

Beautiful, Josh!!!:up:

I have eleven. I also have three grandchildren.

Twelve, with the thirteenth on the way, and one gone to glory, blessed be the name of the Lord!

Twelve, with the thirteenth on the way, and one gone to glory, blessed be the name of the Lord!

I have 3 grown children, and just barely survived raising them. I don't know how you guys with lots of kids manage it - cast iron nervous systems, I guess!

Congratulations on the news of your 13th child! That's great news.

I've read somewhere that a "full" quiver is 13. Have you ever heard that?

How old are you by the way?

Thankyou. Haven't heard that one before. I'm 39.

Wow, we're practically the same age. I turn 39 in a few months. I'm way behind.

We didn't have our first until I was 34.

I sometimes wish we had started much earlier because my knees and achilles make it hard to get down to their level.

By the way, there's an exercise coming up in Australia in a few months. Hope to make it out there. Australia's a big place but if I'll try to swing by if I'm even remotely "in the neighborhood".

Wow, we're practically the same age. I turn 39 in a few months. I'm way behind.

We didn't have our first until I was 34.

I sometimes wish we had started much earlier because my knees and achilles make it hard to get down to their level.

By the way, there's an exercise coming up in Australia in a few months. Hope to make it out there. Australia's a big place but if I'll try to swing by if I'm even remotely "in the neighborhood".

Yes, it is an advantage to start as soon as you are legal marrying age. :D I thoroughly recommend it.

Remember we are moving to Rockhampton next week. If you can manage it we have a spare room you're more than welcome to use. But as you can imagine, I can't guarantee it will be quiet. :lol:

Oh! and I have a ton of TR literature you can take home with you. :)

If you can manage it we have a spare room you're more than welcome to use. But as you can imagine, I can't guarantee it will be quiet. :lol:

Well the real question will be is will Rich refuse to lay down his head in a messy room? Clean it up, and then invite him to stay the night.

;)

Well the real question will be is will Rich refuse to lay down his head in a messy room? Clean it up, and then invite him to stay the night.

;)

No problem there. I wouldn't ask him to wander where I am not willing to go. :) Mum keeps a good house.

Yes, it is an advantage to start as soon as you are legal marrying age. :D I thoroughly recommend it.

Remember we are moving to Rockhampton next week. If you can manage it we have a spare room you're more than welcome to use. But as you can imagine, I can't guarantee it will be quiet. :lol:

Oh! and I have a ton of TR literature you can take home with you. :)

:rofl:

Wow...Praise God for all who's quiver is full or still being filled! 11, 12, 13th on the way...What a blessing!!!

We have four plus a son-n-love here on earth and many losses...still trusting God to do of His good pleasure with this ol'womb!!! :D

We have one (1). We were not able to have more children. God saw fit, in His sovereignty, to fill our quiver with one and only one child. She is 16 years old and as beautiful as her mother. She has a tender heart and a desire to serve God. She is all teenager, but she displays the qualities that her mother and I pray will allow her to be a mature and responsible adult.

Praise God for those of you who have many children. May God bless each one them. For those of you that have not been able to have children, may God grant you grace and fulfilment in other areas. Laurie and I have learned to appreciate every moment we have with the precious gift God has given us.

~Amen~ And one strong, well developed arrow is worth more than a dozen crooked ones. May each arrow given us become straight and strong.

11 and 13...never knew that, you two.

6 covenant children with us (one to be baptised in 2wks), 1 taken by the Lord, and Lord Willing more to come...if not, then may I be content.

You beat me! I've just got six.

Of course, I've also got six grandchildren, with another one due in August and one in September. :cheers:

We have three boys, one girl, and are in the process of adopting more through the county. Adoption through the county is frustrating, laborious and down right offensive to a biblical worldview. Is there any other adoptive parents that could give me word of encouragement in due season?

PS It is nice to hear the testimonies of the 'QM' on this board. There aren't too many in this neck of the woods. Most people out here view children as a curse. :(

Had a gent tell me the other night that "6 is too many." I said, "ah! But they will take care of me!" He smiled and agreed...LOL!

My wife and I lost our child late in Megan's pregnancy. Due to complications we are unable to have children after this. We have a wonderful 6 year old nephew(Andrew) and 4 year old niece Anna. We also have a great cat and dog.

We have five. Three biological, two adopted (from China). We are looking to adopt two boys from Ethiopia when Joseph's adoption is all finished (probably one more year.)

Not counting those still in my loins, we have 3.

Rich, can you give us a full count (including those still in your loins)? Just curious as to how you'd do that... :)

John, team Vandervliet must be quite a bunch. Is your avatar photo old? You don't look old enough to be "Opa" v/d Vliet.

It truly is a blessing to be on a board where children are so loved. Even if God has seen fit to grant a single child, it is the completion of His will and must thus be perfect. This is yet another reason that the PB is so valuable to me. No one will tell me to "buy a TV" or tell me that my wife may not be able to handle homeschooling so many children. Nope, it's instead "wow, great, congratulations, how many more?" Wonderful.

Pastor Klein, we are just finishing up 9 1/2 years of adoption proceedings with our dear Esther. We were told, almost 10 years ago, that we would NEVER be able to adopt her (I still remember the phone call vividly!) It has been a testament to His faithfulness this past decade. I actually caught myself telling a friend from home that if it is His will that we were to adopt this little girl (and we felt that we had been told that), there was no hand, no power in the Chinese government that would ever be able to be raised against it happening. I say "caught" myself saying it, because it may sound ridiculoulsy sanctimonious to some. But when you finally realize that He's all you've got in this fight, then you finally realize that He's all you ever need, too. It took me almost 6 years to come to that point. (I'm not that quick on the uptake with certain things.) I was convinced that working hard at the process was the key.

My aim in this is not to scare you into thinking that it will take forever. Some people give us pitying looks and comments about the length of time it has taken us. We are instead of the opinion that He has been faithful for a decade in this, a most minor point in His big picture. This is indeed the fall of a sparrow and He has given so much to us in this time. It was these years of waiting that showed us His hand throughout.

Take heart. He will remain faithful.

PS - Rev. Lewis, I'm 33; give me some time, pelase!. I'll email you when we beat you (I do have a small competitive streak!)

Last edited:
My wife and I lost our child late in Megan's pregnancy. Due to complications we are unable to have children after this. We have a wonderful 6 year old nephew(Andrew) and 4 year old niece Anna. We also have a great cat and dog.
Actually my Sister-in-law is now expecting..........do you count nieces and nephews if unable to have children..if so 2,another on the way.

Max, I am sorry to hear that your wife cannot bear children. I pray for God's comfort and blessing to be upon both of you. His riches will overflow in other areas.

Thank you Bill. God has blessed Megan and I in other ways. Her name is Hannah, I will see her someday! Grace and Peace to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back