How does one send a private message to another member?

Status
Not open for further replies.

earl40

Puritan Board Professor
I am sure hope it is still possible but since the change I have not been able to figure it out.

Upper right corner next to your user name and next to the alert icon is an envelope icon; click it. That's in the browser style.

The lazy way is to find a post from the person you want to message, click on their picture, and then click on 'Start a Conversation'.

It is a bit confusing because you could start threads or 'conversations' on someone's profile under the old system. Starting a conversation on the new platform is like private messaging under the old. But I'll flag the one's that can confirm this to be sure, @Ask Mr. Religion @Semper Fidelis .

Chris is correct. Within the Xenforo world, the software underlying our site, a "conversation" is equivalent to a private message. Members can add others to their conversations, too. All conversations are private to other members.

Chris is correct. Within the Xenforo world, the software underlying our site, a "conversation" is equivalent to a private message. Members can add others to their conversations, too. All conversations are private to other members.

It's my recollection that under the old system Mods, or at least Admins, could access the PMs. Is that still the case?

It's my recollection that under the old system Mods, or at least Admins, could access the PMs. Is that still the case?
If there is a member report concerning a conversation admins are able to access the conversation in question if that is needed. These rare special accesses by admins are also logged at the "super admin" level (Semper Fidelis) for oversight and accountability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back