How Do You Store Bacon Grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was bouncing around the net regarding this topic and wound up on this video! Its just gotta be good! :)

[video=youtube;FLflpNp8CHM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLflpNp8CHM[/video]

Lawrence was it something like this?

What do you guys use as a filter? I've never done this before but i found myself disposing of some grease just yesterday and didnt actually think of saving it for future use.

Lawrence was it something like this?

What do you guys use as a filter? I've never done this before but i found myself disposing of some grease just yesterday and didnt actually think of saving it for future use.

Not really, the can was shorter than tall and was squarish with rounded corners. The label on it was vertical, gold on black. The strainer was a plate perforated by many dozens of small holes. The handle on the lid was a truncated inverted cone made of bakelite. It had been my great grandmother's.

I wonder how long it takes to save up enough bacon grease to fry a turkey?!

ACCCCHHKKK. They are drinking and frying! Big no no.

Last edited:
We don't fry as much bacon as is Scripturally warranted, but we do render lard ourselves. This is also a great alternative to chemical garbage and it is dirt cheap. Great for cooking.

The easiest place to store bacon grease is around your middle. No effort required. Just enjoy the bacon and the storage is free :)

We don't fry as much bacon as is Scripturally warranted, but we do render lard ourselves. This is also a great alternative to chemical garbage and it is dirt cheap. Great for cooking.

So true. Land is digestible, unlike hydrogenated oils. And, it makes better biscuits, pie crust, and anything else you need shortening in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back