How do I switch Itunes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamistThomist

Puritanboard Clerk
I have Itunes and all my music/theology library on my old computer. It is dying. I have access to a new computer. How do I switch?

I have Itunes and all my music/theology library on my old computer. It is dying. I have access to a new computer. How do I switch?

This might depend on the types of the old and new computers. If both are Macs the migration assistant will probably do it along with all your files.

Otherwise there is an option to backup the iTunes library to a CD or DVD which can the be restored to the new system. Look under the file menu.

Copy and paste your iTunes music folder to an external media (hard drive, flash drive, or just connect the two computers on a home network). Put that folder of music where you want it on your new computer. This works in any combination of PC/Mac to PC/Mac.

If you're looking for more details, I can definitley post 'em.

External hard drive.

Drag your music folder (as is) to the external drive. It will copy EVERYTHING there.

Move to new computer, drag your music folder there and replace the music folder on your new computer with the stuff from your old computer.

All of the data on file names, playlists, podcasts, and such are in that folder. When you open iTunes, it'll automatically load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back