History of the Covenanters on DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuritanCovenanter

The Joyful Curmudgeon
Staff member
History of the Covenanters

This looks real interesting. I am trying to find out if it is distributed here in America.

930.jpg

I found a review of it on Stephen Steeles blog. Down near the bottom of the page if you go and look at it.

[Edited on 1-11-2006 by puritancovenanter]

I found a review of it on Stephen Steeles Down near the bottom of the page if you go and look at it.

I went to the blog and saw something about the opening of a Covenanter's college. Was that part of the DVD? But the most important thing was that Edward (Ted) Donnolly is the College Principal. And that is wonderful! I heard him first at sermonaudio.com. But then attended a Banner of Truth conference last year and heard him in person. A great, great man of God and magnificent speaker. Heck, I'd attend that college just because he's there!

Originally posted by Globachio
I found a review of it on Stephen Steeles Down near the bottom of the page if you go and look at it.

I went to the blog and saw something about the opening of a Covenanter's college. Was that part of the DVD? But the most important thing was that Edward (Ted) Donnolly is the College Principal. And that is wonderful! I heard him first at sermonaudio.com. But then attended a Banner of Truth conference last year and heard him in person. A great, great man of God and magnificent speaker. Heck, I'd attend that college just because he's there!

The reference to the "new college" that appears in the DVD relates to the grand opening of a new building to replace the old Cameron House which had to be vacated last year as the location for the Reformed Theological College, originally founded in Belfast in 1854. The new Knockbracken campus was opened in October 2005. I have fond memories of visiting and staying Cameron House during an RP International Synod.

Ted Donnelly has been Principal at RTC for some time. I respect him greatly. I got a book recently with a good forward written by him: Old Light on New Worship by John Price.

The DVD also contains an interview with Sinclair Horne, President of the Scottish Reformation Society. He wrote a book called Torchbearers of the Truth about the Scottish Covenanters which is great. He was kind enough to take our group on a three-day tour of Covenanter memorials throughout Scotland and served us an excellent tour guide.

I look forward to seeing the DVD. Thanks for the tip, Randy!

I learned recently that 500 copies of this DVD have been produced in American format. The US version is 1 hour 30 minutes long.

I have a copy of the DVD. It is quite well done. For some reason, I found that even the "American" version still only plays on some American DVD players. Anyway, I enjoyed the DVD very much. I really gives you a feel for the history of the Covenanters and also the modern RPCI. Plus, there are some beautiful samples of psalm singing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back