Hi my name is Alex and I'm a Calvinist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Washburn

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello everyone.
My Name is Alex Washburn. I really don't ever know what to write on these things.. but here it goes.
I am 29 years old
I have been a Christian since 2010 after being what I call a "Militant Evangelical Atheist" for about 10 years.
I became a Christian through a crazy set of events in which multiple unrelated people came to witness to me separately within a few months.. it is a crazy story that is to long to share here.. I posted my testimony on this blog I tried to start a few years ago.. the link is in my info, if anyone cares to read it. ( no i am not adverstising my blog, i havent posted on it in years)

I am married and have an almost 3 year old son.

I am active duty Air Force and have been in for 9.5 years. My AFSC (JOB) is 6F071, Financial Management and Comptroller. However I am currently in a 2 year special duty as a Dormitory Manager.

Since becoming a Christian I have consistently moved more and more reformed in my theology. I started off going to a Calvary Chapel (don't we all?) then after study and prayer I became a Calvinist and eventually moved to Mars Hill Tacoma (Pastor Mark Driscoll's old Church) when I moved to South Dakota I started going to a C&MA church but after a few years there we started to really disagree with their philosophy of ministry and I wanted a church that was more theologically rich. So after some prayer and discussion with Christian brothers, and we now are full fledged PCA members. There is a lot more to that story but it is way to long for this post.

I also love the outdoors. I rock climb, MTN bike, hike, camp, hunt, fish, etc. etc.

Ed Walsh

Puritan Board Junior
Greetings! Thanks for all the sharing. It was helpful getting to know a little about you.
How did you find the Puritan Board?

Alex Washburn

Puritan Board Freshman
I think I found it when I was searching for something on Google.. no idea what.. I've been reading it for years just never registered.

Alex Washburn

Puritan Board Freshman
Oh by the way! The links on the first post of this board.. the one to the rules and signature guidelines don't work.

Gforce9

Puritan Board Junior
Welcome, Alex! Many of us have a long, twisting story like yours that ended in being convinced of a Reformed systematic. The PB is a great place to learn. We have some excellent ministers and church officers that have great wisdom, knowledge and maturity.

ZackF

Puritan Board Graduate
Hi, my name is Zack. I am a Calvinst. I have my twelve year Calvinist pin. :) Welcome to the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.