Hi from New Jersey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel M.

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello, all!

My name is Daniel and I'm a member of a CRC church in New Jersey. (Thankfully, my senior pastor and associate pastor are very conservative and have resisted against the church's more liberal leanings.) I was saved in 2009 and served in a "non-denominational" :)um: think Assemblies of God but with less charismata, plus eternal security) church as a "Bible teacher". I was thrust into ministry way too quickly because of a public speaking talent, and lived a turbulent and shameful walk with Christ early on.

I eventually fell into a period of spiritual apathy, left the church and began a relationship with a woman whose family attended a CRC congregation. I hated it for the first few months I went, as many who come from a "free-willing" tradition do, but sat in Sunday after Sunday for about two years. Over the last few months, however, I'm overjoyed in saying that God has begun a spiritual awakening in me and is leading me in a slow and steady recovery.

I'm here to learn and ask questions, and look forward to using the gift of the internet to enjoy brotherhood in Christ with like-minded people.

Thank you!

Dan

Dachaser

Puritan Board Doctor
Welcome Brother!

I perked up when saw new Jersey, as my wife and her family used to live there, and her aunt still hangs out in New Brunswick still!

2ndViolinist

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome, Daniel! I am excited to see another pinoy on here. Aside from you, I know exactly one other *Reformed* Filipino. May God open the hearts of many more to receive His Gospel!

Daniel M.

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome, Daniel! I am excited to see another pinoy on here. Aside from you, I know exactly one other *Reformed* Filipino. May God open the hearts of many more to receive His Gospel!
I'm actually not Filipino - my wife-to-be is, and though very few are of the Reformed faith, how marvelous, charitable and God-seeking a people are Filipinos!!

I'm Brazilian-American. I'm learning quite a bit of Tagalog, though!

Thanks for your greetings!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

2ndViolinist

Puritan Board Freshman
I'm actually not Filipino - my wife-to-be is, and though very few are of the Reformed faith, how marvelous, charitable and God-seeking a people are Filipinos!!

I'm Brazilian-American. I'm learning quite a bit of Tagalog, though!

Thanks for your greetings!
Ah, I see. Still, it is great to see that there are Reformed Filipinos out there, your wife-to-be included. :)

ChananBachiyr

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome to the board!
Much collective reformed, biblical wisdom here on PB!
Glad you arrived in a reformed church, God has a wonderful way of teaching His people biblical truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.