Hi Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardsianBot

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi Puritanboard,

I'm Earle from Atlanta, a Reformed Baptist who attends a PCA church (and officially became a member last Tuesday).
I work in the Tech industry, but I study Theology and Philosophy during my free time and I love Jonathan Edwards and the Puritans.
I intend to learn and grow for you guys, and to hopefully post something of substance :)

Edward

Puritanboard Commissioner
Greetings.

I'm Earle from Atlanta, a Reformed Baptist who attends a PCA church (and officially became a member last Tuesday).
A couple of key questions:
Of which of the three local presbyteries does your church belong?
Dawgs or Bumblebees?

Jake

Puritan Board Senior
Of which of the three local presbyteries does your church belong?
City of Atlanta could be Korean Southeastern or Metro Atlanta. If you go to Cobb you'll start seeing Northwest Georgia presbytery, including Smyrna just OTP. If you go to Gwinnett, you'll have many churches in Georgia Foothills. Central Georgia seems to be well out of most Metro Atlanta definitions, though I have some colleagues that commute from towns with Central Georgia churches to an Atlanta zip code.

Edward

2. I'm a Bumblebee alumnus!
Better known as the North Avenue Trade School. You are still welcome to participate in the College Football pool we run every season. (I'd normally say 'every fall', but who knows these days.

City of Atlanta could be Korean Southeastern or Metro Atlanta. If you go to Cobb you'll start seeing Northwest Georgia presbytery, including Smyrna just OTP. If you go to Gwinnett, you'll have many churches in Georgia Foothills.
Yes, the line in Cobb county is ambiguous. At one point there was a Metro Atlanta rock and roll church in South Cobb. And the border bewtween Foothills and Metro didn't close for a long time in. They finally got that line drawn correctly. And, of course, there is a north - south line of counties in Georgia that apparently nobody wants.... (Washington to Echols, per the map) https://www.pcaac.org/resources/presbyteries/presbytery-boundary-maps/

Jake

Puritan Board Senior
Yes, the line in Cobb county is ambiguous. At one point there was a Metro Atlanta rock and roll church in South Cobb. And the border bewtween Foothills and Metro didn't close for a long time in. They finally got that line drawn correctly. And, of course, there is a north - south line of counties in Georgia that apparently nobody wants.... (Washington to Echols, per the map) https://www.pcaac.org/resources/presbyteries/presbytery-boundary-maps/
East Cobb Pres. is the only active church I see in Metro Atlanta Presbytery in Cobb County at this point. Of course, Lilburn and Smyrna aren't Metro Atlanta, but Dahlonega and Griffin are (I know there are non-geographic reasons at work).

Edward

East Cobb Pres. is the only active church I see in Metro Atlanta Presbytery in Cobb County at this point.
The rock and roll one that I referred to used to be in the greater Smyrna area. I don't see it on the map any more. Either it's gone or it's moved. I'd have to dig pretty hard to come up with the specifics on it. Buy I recall that one would need to hire a snake to draw a line that would put it in Metro and Smyrna in Northwest. And as I recall, the verbal description of the boundaries made no effort to place it in Metro.

jwithnell

Staff member
Welcome Earle! (I'm old enough to remember having just North and Central Georgia presbyteries!)

Jake

Puritan Board Senior
The rock and roll one that I referred to used to be in the greater Smyrna area. I don't see it on the map any more. Either it's gone or it's moved. I'd have to dig pretty hard to come up with the specifics on it. Buy I recall that one would need to hire a snake to draw a line that would put it in Metro and Smyrna in Northwest. And as I recall, the verbal description of the boundaries made no effort to place it in Metro.
Was it Crosspoint off of South Cobb Drive?

EdwardsianBot

Puritan Board Freshman
Just looked it up. It's Northwest Georgia (I technically live in Mableton which is near Smyrna)

Edward

Was it Crosspoint off of South Cobb Drive?
I'd want to reflect my recollection before swearing to that under oath, but that sounds right. The Google map location looks right as well - I had remembered it being between Smyrna and the river.

TylerRay

Puritan Board Graduate
Hi Puritanboard,

I work in the Tech industry, but I study Theology and Philosophy during my free time and I love Jonathan Edwards and the Puritans.
I intend to learn and grow for you guys, and to hopefully post something of substance :)
Welcome from an hour up I-75.

Status
Not open for further replies.