Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenbaggins

Puritan Board Doctor
I use Open Office Writer word processor. I keep updated a regular index of insights I find on any text of Scripture. I keep these files organized under the various parts of Scripture, one on Pentateuch, one on Historical books, etc. My index on the Gospels seems to have completely disappeared. The file name is still there, but when I pull it up, nothing shows in the document: it looks like a brand new document. I must have saved it somehow, erasing everything done before. I have no idea how this happened. I certainly do not remember saving it while erasing everything on it. Is there any way to revert to an earlier version of this document? This index represents many, many hours of work. I have an earlier version on my laptop, but I would much rather recover the one on the desktop. Any ideas?

Did you save it as a .doc? I would check under windows XP/97/2000. You could check under the list of options it gives...I have done this and found things I thought I lost in open office before.

Does that mean that you found it? I hope so. If not, you may want to check them all just in case.

No, no luck yet. The really odd thing is that the file size (162 kb) is still listed as if it were all there, even though I can only see one blank page.

Did you possibly high-lite it all and make the text white? :lol: That's about all I have.

Last edited:
Lane,

Why don't you email the file to me, and let me see if I can open it in Word and get something.

When I open the file, it only says that it is one page, when it should be about 17-18 pages. There is nothing on the page. This is very puzzling to me.

You know, I think I just figured it out. The thing is, no other documents are affected at all. I think it happened during the installation of an update, and I had the particular document open. Note to self: make sure program is closed while installing updates!

You know, I think I just figured it out. The thing is, no other documents are affected at all. I think it happened during the installation of an update, and I had the particular document open. Note to self: make sure program is closed while installing updates!

good idea :) - glad Fred and MS Word got 'r done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back