Help with Calvin Review

Discussion in 'Theological Forum' started by sastark, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sastark

sastark Puritan Board Graduate

All,

I have been asked to participate in a "panel-type discussion" on a local Christian Radio program (the Apologetics.com radio show, for those of you in Southern California or who subscribe to their podcasts) this Friday night. The topic is "John Calvin". Can anyone suggest some resources to review his life/theology this week?

Thanks!

2. Marrow Man

Marrow Man Drunk with Powder

What a great opportunity, Seth! Will you be able to read The Institutes this week? ;)

I've always thought Monergism.com did a good job compiling various internet sources. You can see several by going here.

3. sastark

To be honest, I thought rereading The Institutes this week would be the best place to start.

Thanks for the link, too!

4. Marrow Man

Marrow Man Drunk with Powder

You must be the world's fastest reader! :book2:

5. KMK

KMK Administrator Staff Member

1000 pages in 4 days = 250 pages per day = 14 pages per waking hour

Wow

6. sastark

Hmm...my edition of The Institutes is much smaller (by several hundred pages). You guys are starting to worry me, now. :)

7. Prufrock

Prufrock Arbitrary Moderation

Muller's The Unaccommodated Calvin is a great place to start; and Steinmetz's Calvin in Context contains much useful material.

Is it the book published by Baker, edited by Tony Lane and Hilary Osborne? A lot of people seem to have this very abridged edition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.