Help, Warfield scholars!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dswatts

Puritan Board Freshman
Okay, I have the Baker 10 volume edition of his collected works. I know that isn't a complete set of ALL his writings, IE: Plan of Salvation. What other books have been published by B.B. Warfield that aren't in that set that you would deem as 'gotta have' and why?

Thanks!
Dwayne

I haven't seen the set. I hope that B. B. Warfield's masterful historical account of the developement of the Westminster Confession of faith is included.
He took on faith healing in a wonderful book entitled Counterfiet Miracles. I would hope that is in the set.

[Edited on 6-8-2004 by yeutter]

[quote:bfd4bc7286][i:bfd4bc7286]Originally posted by yeutter[/i:bfd4bc7286]
I haven't seen the set. I hope that B. B. Warfield's masterful historical account of the developement of the Westminster Confession of faith is included.
He took on faith healing in a wonderful book entitled Counterfiet Miracles. I would hope that is in the set.

[Edited on 6-8-2004 by yeutter] [/quote:bfd4bc7286]

The History of the Assembly is a whole volume. There are a number of polemical writings so the counterfiet miracles is probably there.

The Westminster Assembly and its Work is vol. 6. The Counterfeit Miracles might be found in vol. 8, where Warfield deals with the Finneyian aspect of Perfection. :judge:

P&R put out a two volume set of his "Selected Shorter Writings" consisting of various writings from Encyclopedias and Theological magazines. You should find some articles there that are not included in the ten volume set.

Mike

Well....

I know that I am no Warfield scholar, but I did really enjoy his first volume book of the set of 10 (Inspiration and Revelation). One I know that he does not have is "Person and Work of Christ".

Dylan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back