Help on classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notthemama1984

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
This summer I have the opportunity to either take Greek III and IV or Hebrew I and II. This would mean the following Fall I will be taking Greek V and Hebrew I or Greek III and Hebew III.

Which would you recommend?

If they would be all that you would be taking in the summer, I would go with the Hebrew, allowing you time to devote yourself wholly to the (in my opinion) more difficult language. Assuming that you are taking other courses in the fall, adding introductory Hebrew then would make it more challenging. Having two classes in both languages by the start of fall should put you in a pretty good position going to fall. :2cents:

I STRONGLY recommend continuing in Greek, not splitting into both Greek and Hebrew. I'm sure you're aware that many seminary students never really use their languages much after graduation. They soon lose them. One of the reasons is that there is an invisible line at which your language skills "take." Until you get over that hump, you are in serious danger of losing it all through lack of use. You should not attempt to learn Hebrew until you reach the point where you are comfortable reading in Greek. Don't be a statistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back