Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

just_grace

Puritan Board Freshman
I have been looking forward to joining this board....it's so interesting.

Dave's the name, Welsh lad from Cardiff, now living in the Hautes Pyrénées.

I became a Christian through God's Grace @ 20 yrs, now I am old @ 41 yrs.

I like the mountains, rock climbing, skiing, hiking etc...

Christmas Evans apparently founded our little church in Tongwynlais or at least preached there.

David

Scott Bushey

Puritanboard Commissioner
Welcome Dave. Long overdo welcome huh? Sorry about the delays. The transition was painful. But we have arrived (sort of speak).

crhoades

Puritan Board Graduate
Welcome, brother! Love the Welsh Calvinists! Read about them in Martyn Lloyd Jones biographies.

just_grace

Puritan Board Freshman
Originally posted by crhoades
Welcome, brother! Love the Welsh Calvinists! Read about them in Martyn Lloyd Jones biographies.
I became a Christian a few years after his death so I never saw him preach :( but been to many a church building where he had preached...great man I think, very loyal to God ( which I think is very very important, God knows our hearts.)

Will try to sort out a avatar.....

David

JohnV

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p:D:D:eek::D:D:D:chained:

:sing::sing::pray2::D:D:mad::banana::D:lol::D

group picture. We had a little trouble getting us all together, but we made it.

:welcome:

[Edited on 1-11-2004 by JohnV]

JohnV

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
You play guitar? I just bought one to learn, I like the sound of guitar.
I just try to make it look like I play.

I volunteer for the local special help people. We get in a circle and sing sing-along songs just for fun. For many of them it makes their week, and for me too.

I have some guitar CD's that are very restful. I listen to old-style songs, just to listen for the guitars. I like the sound too.

PuritanCovenanter

Staff member
Welcome Dave. Who is Christmas Evans? Sounds like someone everyone should desire to know or hear preach. I'm a Reformed Baptist in the States. Saved at 18 years of age and I'm 41. I was regenerate 6 months after I joined the Navy. I went into the Navy and Sobered up. It scared everyone I knew. They thought I was scary enough already. Have Fun!:banana:
For Christ's Crown and Covenant, Randy

just_grace

Puritan Board Freshman
Originally posted by puritancovenanter
Welcome Dave. Who is Christmas Evans? Sounds like someone everyone should desire to know or hear preach. I'm a Reformed Baptist in the States. Saved at 18 years of age and I'm 41. I was regenerate 6 months after I joined the Navy. I went into the Navy and Sobered up. It scared everyone I knew. They thought I was scary enough already. Have Fun!:banana:
For Christ's Crown and Covenant, Randy
Just try ... +christian +evans +christmas +calvinist in www.google.co.uk,
you will come up with Grace onine library.

David

[Edited on 11-7-2004 by Scott Bushey]

Irishcat922

Puritan Board Sophomore
My Sister-in-law is Welsh, She was raised Welsh Calvinistic Methodist. I'll find out where exactly she is from and let you know. She has told me but i forgot.

just_grace

Puritan Board Freshman
Originally posted by Irishcat922
My Sister-in-law is Welsh, She was raised Welsh Calvinistic Methodist. I'll find out where exactly she is from and let you know. She has told me but i forgot.
Sure that's great, I am from Cardiff, got involved with Rhiwbina Baptist but have links with Bretheren, and Evangelical churches in Cardiff...but to be really honest they all totally confused me... I am just a sinful man in need of God who turned to Christ and has since found the Church to be a shambles. Lord Christ help!

David

[Edited on 11-7-2004 by just_grace]

just_grace

Puritan Board Freshman
Originally posted by just_grace
Sure that's great, I am from Cardiff, got involved with Rhiwbina Baptist but have links with Bretheren, and Evangelical churches in Cardiff...but to be really honest they all totally confused me... I am just a sinful man in need of God who turned to Christ and has since found the Church to be a shambles. Lord Christ help!

David

Sorry but I do not like bad spelling... :)

David

fredtgreco

Vanilla Westminsterian
Staff member

David
David,

If you use the "Post Reply Button" instead of the Quick Reply box at the bottom, it takes you to a new page where you can type your reply. At the bottom there are three buttons that include an automatic spell checker.

There are also spell checking programs for both IE and Firefox, if you want that.

just_grace

Puritan Board Freshman
Guess that's a rebuke. Sorry Fred did I do something wrong?

Did I get a some words wrong? Not everybody body understands 'hath' either.

And besides....what did I do wrong?

Thats the amazing thing of the greek of the New Testament it is the language of the day....not of the past.

David

fredtgreco

Vanilla Westminsterian
Staff member
Guess that's a rebuke. Sorry Fred did I do something wrong?

Did I get a some words wrong? Not everybody body understands 'hath' either.

And besides....what did I do wrong?

Thats the amazing thing of the greek of the New Testament it is the language of the day....not of the past.

David
No rebuke! Just an error on my part! :banghead: Sorry, but I meant to quote the part of your message that said:
"Sorry but I do not like bad spelling"

I thought you wanted to know how to spell check. That's what happens when you post quick before heading off to church!

Sorry again.

Craig

Puritan Board Senior
Welcome David! My wife and I went to England on our honeymoon...we made it down to Cardiff. What a beautiful place! Next time we're going to Great Britain, we will be spending much more time in Wales than in London. Anyways, welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.