Hello there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aragorn Skywalker

Puritan Board Freshman
I've browsed these forums for a couple years and I finally signed up! I've recently been convinced of the historic and confessional reformed faith. I was a part of a calvinistic non-denominational church for the last 5 years and am now seeking to join a local OPC in orange county, CA. I am not an official member of the OPC my family and I are seeking to join soon. Should I have waited to become a member to join PB? If I am not allowed to join yet I'd want to respect the rules. Thank you!

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
We do ask that folks disclose the full status of church membership when they apply, but also grant those PB membership who are in process of becoming a church member. Just confirm via a post or thread when you do become a member.

Southern Presbyterian

Puritan Board Doctor
I've browsed these forums for a couple years and I finally signed up! I've recently been convinced of the historic and confessional reformed faith. I was a part of a calvinistic non-denominational church for the last 5 years and am now seeking to join a local OPC in orange county, CA. I am not an official member of the OPC my family and I are seeking to join soon. Should I have waited to become a member to join PB? If I am not allowed to join yet I'd want to respect the rules. Thank you!
Greetings and welcome to the PB.

Please take a few minutes to review this link (https://www.puritanboard.com/help/signature/) on how to set up a signature. All board participants are required to have one.

psycheives

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome fan of Lord of the Rings and Star Wars! haha... good movies. I think you need to throw William Wallace in there for Braveheart. :p So you can have three movies we Calvinists seem to love. heehee... Hi from down here in San Diego, CA!

I'm so glad to hear you are going to the OPC! If you don't mind, I'm sure many of us would love to hear about your journey out of the non-denom and into the OPC. Who were you reading and studying before? What did u notice was different and what brought about the change?

Pilgrim72

Puritan Board Junior
Welcome! Hey, we're neighbors. I live in West Garden Grove, and am a member of an RCUS not too far over in Cerritos.

Aragorn Skywalker

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome fan of Lord of the Rings and Star Wars! haha... good movies. I think you need to throw William Wallace in there for Braveheart. :p So you can have three movies we Calvinists seem to love. heehee... Hi from down here in San Diego, CA!

I'm so glad to hear you are going to the OPC! If you don't mind, I'm sure many of us would love to hear about your journey out of the non-denom and into the OPC. Who were you reading and studying before? What did u notice was different and what brought about the change?
I'd love to share! Hopefully in brief fashion. A couple good friends and I began doing a Bible study through the book of John that forced us to thinkabout biblical theology and covenant theology more seriously for the last 2-3 years. We were also listening to a lot of sermons and podcasts from primarily reformed and Presbyterian pastors and teachers. I read Horton's Introduction to Covenant Theology and Sacred Bond from Keele and Brown a couple years ago as well.

My son, who is almost two, began the process of looking into baptism as my wife and I asked, "how should we view our son? How does God view our son?" This prompted months of conversations with my former pastor, reading several books on baptism, and listening to Scott Clark's Heidelcast series.
After being convinced of the paedobaptist position j began looking more seriously into the Sabbath, the Lord's Supper, the regulative principle, cessationism, and being confessional. Many, many hours more were spent on sermons, lecture series, and podcasts.

My family and I are now looking into the OPC, PCA, and URC in our area. We're excited to become apart of a confessional and reformed church! Please pray if you have the opportunity. I will update as soon as the Lord brings us to a church we can call home.

Berean

Puritanboard Commissioner
Welcome, Hector. Did you know that the airport in Fargo, ND is named after you? Hector International Airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.