Hello from Winston-Salem, NC

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Christian Soldier, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christian Soldier

Christian Soldier Puritan Board Freshman

Hi I'm Shane and this is my first post here. I have been a lurker for a very long time and I'm excited about finally becoming a member! I have been a Christian since 2005 and I started becoming reformed probably two years ago or so.

Looking forward to some great fellowship here!

2. Southern Presbyterian

Southern Presbyterian Moderator Staff Member

Welcome!

3. Knoxienne

Knoxienne Puritan Board Graduate

Welcome to the PB!!!:)

4. ww

ww Puritan Board Senior

:welcome:

5. Beth Ellen Nagle

Beth Ellen Nagle Puritan Board Senior

Welcome! :wave:

6. Berean

Berean Puritan Board Doctor

7. BlueVark

BlueVark Puritan Board Freshman

Howdy!

8. ServantofGod

ServantofGod Puritan Board Junior

Welcome!

9. OPC'n

OPC'n Puritan Board Doctor

:pray2:

10. SolaScriptura

SolaScriptura Puritanboard Softy

Hi!

11. Scottish Lass

Scottish Lass Puritan Board Doctor

Greetings!

12. Pergamum

Pergamum Ordinary Guy (TM)

Where is 121 church?

I know several solid calvinistic churches in W-S, and I used to live there for a year.

I will be passing through at the end of May and I could introduce you to other calvi brothers in W-S if you want.

13. Christian Soldier

Christian Soldier Puritan Board Freshman

That would be great! As I have become convinced of the doctrines of grace my wife and I have been looking for a new church home. We were in a Fundamental Baptist KJV only type church.

1.21 is a new church plant that is currently meeting at Foothills Brewing in downtown W-S. They have a building being prepared on Cherry St. but it may be awhile before it's ready. My wife and I really need to find a church and 1.21 seems to be solid in doctrine. The only other one that I found that we have considered is Twin City Baptist. The Pastor there is from Grace Community Church and is a close friend of John MacArthur.

I really want to join a solid church so I'm absolutely open to any suggestions.

-----Added 4/25/2009 at 01:40:14 EST-----

And thank you all for the warm welcome!

14. Pergamum

Where is 1-21 church?

I know of several solid churches in Winston-Salem that preach the doctrines of Grace. I lived there for a time.

I hope to be passing through at the end of May and could introduce you to more calvinistic believers if you want to meet up.

15. Presbyterian Deacon

Presbyterian Deacon Puritan Board Graduate

Hi. :wave:

16. Whitefield

Whitefield Puritan Board Junior

17. Ivan

Ivan Pastor

Greetings!

18. APuritansMind

APuritansMind Puritan Board Junior

:wave: Greetings!

19. jaybird0827

jaybird0827 PuritanBoard Honor Roll

to the PB.

20. Pergamum

Hello,
    I have 3 supporting churches in Winston-Salem and I would recommend them all:

Rosemont Baptist:
    On Clemmonsville road I think. Pastor Mark Reed is a great guy and a friend. The church supports me and a close friend Paul Snider who is also preparing to come serve beside me. They are Calvinistic and Baptist.

Sovereign Grace Chapel:
    This was our church home for the year we lived in Winston-Salem. It is a black church, and we felt like family with them even with being the only white family in the church. They are multiple elder led and have fire in their sermons. They are calvinistic and Baptist. Elder Warren Burrell is a friend.

Pilgrim Bible Church.
    A good jogging buddy goes here and this church is pastor by Mike Beasley a graduate of MacArthur’s school. Elder led and expository.

Also, Twin Cities is a good church I here. I hear the pastor had some folks leave as he preached the truth but good riddance to those.
    Email me at [email protected].

Around Saturday and then Sunday May 31st we plan to be in W-S and meet with ALL three of these churches. If you meet me, I can introduce you to all of them and you can connect with many fine brothers, all in one day.

Also google these first 3 churches, they all have websites I believe. I can also email my W-S contacts and have them email you back to help you link up with some calvi brothers.

Let’s meet up for the Calvy Tour of Winston Salem, courtesy of Pergmeister!

21. Backwoods Presbyterian

Backwoods Presbyterian Puritan Board Doctor

:wave:

22. nicnap

nicnap Puritan Board Post-Graduate

Welcome to the board.

23. Calvinist Cowboy

Calvinist Cowboy Puritan Board Junior

Hello! :welcome:

24. he beholds

he beholds Puritan Board Doctor

hi!!!

25. Nate

Nate Puritan Board Junior

Welcome!

26. SRoper

SRoper Puritan Board Senior

Hello from (potentially) down the street!

27. Grace Alone

Grace Alone Puritan Board Senior

Welcome from another semi-neighbor! I'm almost tempted to come to Pergy's Calvy Tour!!!:lol:

28. Idelette

Idelette Puritan Board Graduate

Welcome to the PB! :wave:

29. Pergamum

Wooohoo, the more the merrier.

I'll arrive Friday night May 29th, and will be hiking around the Winston Lake on Saturday maybe, and then going to "The Juice Shop" on Stratford, near the Baptist hospital.

Maybe I'll go egg or TP the old Fundy school I went to also, Piedmont Baptist College (they once had 15 invitations up to the front one time...now, THAT's a lot of verses of "Just as I am...").

30. Matthias

Matthias Puritan Board Junior

Welcome to the board!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.