Hello from Wales!

huwf

Puritan Board Freshman
Just had my account approved so saying hi!

Hailing from South Wales in the UK. Baptist with a growing interest in theology. I work as a Data Science/Analytics/Strategy consultant for a consultancy.

Looking forward to my time here!

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member

Hailing from South Wales in the UK. Baptist with a growing interest in theology. I work as a Data Science/Analytics/Strategy consultant for a consultancy.

Howdy and welcome. So folks know how to address you, see the link under useful links below on instructions for a basic signature block.

W.C. Dean

Puritan Board Sophomore
Welcome brother, from a Presbyterian in Virginia. My great-grandfather came to Virginia from Wales. Have you been able to attend church?

Ed Walsh

Puritan Board Junior
Hailing from South Wales in the UK.

Hello, back at you. Your title, Hello from Wales!, reminded me of my Irish heritage. Ancestry.com says I'm 90% Irish, and my name "Walsh" means "from Wales."

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Ed Walsh

huwf

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome brother, from a Presbyterian in Virginia. My great-grandfather came to Virginia from Wales. Have you been able to attend church?

Thank you! My home church once sent 150 members to America as they could no longer fit in the building. Sadly that hasn't been the case in a long time.

Hello, back at you. Your title, Hello from Wales!, reminded me of my Irish heritage. Ancestry.com says I'm 90% Irish, and my name "Walsh" means "from Wales."

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Ed Walsh

Thanks Ed :)

W.C. Dean

Puritan Board Sophomore
Thank you! My home church once sent 150 members to America as they could no longer fit in the building. Sadly that hasn't been the case in a long time.

Thanks Ed :)
I was asking because of the virus restrictions. I know they're a bit worse across the pond.

huwf

Puritan Board Freshman
I was asking because of the virus restrictions. I know they're a bit worse across the pond.

Somehow I completely passed over that question sorry! Yes we've been able to meet since the start of this month but we've started locking down again so not sure how long this will last.

Stephen L Smith

Staff member
Thanks! I grew up in the Valleys (Tredegar specifically)
I take it this is not far from Aberfan where that tragic mining disaster occurred in 1966. I was watching a documentary on this disaster over the weekend.
now Cardiff again!
I have had a bit to do with two Reformed churches in Cardiff - Tabernacle Cardiff and Heath Church. I was personal friends with the former pastor of the Reformed Baptist Church in Newport (Graham Harrison, now with the Lord). There are a number of good churches in South Wales.

JennyGeddes

Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome from Texas!

C. M. Sheffield

Puritan Board Senior

Hello and Welcome! It is very good to have you. I hope you find your time here profitable.

huwf

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome, brother! I have to ask: Why huwf?

Thanks! It's just my first name followed by the initial of my last name.

I take it this is not far from Aberfan where that tragic mining disaster occurred in 1966. I was watching a documentary on this disaster over the weekend.

I have had a bit to do with two Reformed churches in Cardiff - Tabernacle Cardiff and Heath Church. I was personal friends with the former pastor of the Reformed Baptist Church in Newport (Graham Harrison, now with the Lord). There are a number of good churches in South Wales.

Yes it's not far from Aberfan, my grandfather was a mine safety inspector that, along with a few others, warned that the tip was unstable. Unfortunately they weren't listened to.

I used to live down the road from Tabernacle when I was a student and I have close links to the trainee minister at Heath!

jambo

Puritan Board Senior
Greetings to you and welcome to the PB. I have fond memories of the area around Tredegar when in the early 80s I spent a week in Ebbw Vale being involved in a mission with Canon Michael Green.

huwf

Puritan Board Freshman
Greetings to you and welcome to the PB. I have fond memories of the area around Tredegar when in the early 80s I spent a week in Ebbw Vale being involved in a mission with Canon Michael Green.

Thanks and wow small world! I met Michael Green once at a university mission, a great man.

jambo

Puritan Board Senior
And sadly no longer with us. The very first Christian book I bought as a young teen was one of his books. Unfortunately I can’t remember what it was called but I can remember the cover. Just not the words on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk