Hello From Sarasota, Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Miller

Puritan Board Freshman
Greetings. My name is Richard, I am 26 and from Sarasota, Florida. I have been lurking PB for a while but finally decided to make an account. Theologically I am a Reformed Baptist, if you were wondering. There are VERY few Conservative and Reformed Churches in my area (Presbyterian, Baptist, etc.). I consider myself actually closer to Conservative Presbyterians than most Baptists because I am Reformed (I just don't agree on baptism), as most Baptist in my area are what I am told are "Traditional" (I am also told that "Traditional" means not Calvinist but more Arminian. I don't really get this, but all I know is that they don't like when I talk about election). I am a former worship leader from a SBC church that was reformed, but I decided to leave after I saw some red flags. Because of that, right now I am going to a conservative Calvary Chapel in my area (That I was going to before I took the worship leader job). I believe I am called to pastor and my pastor is the only dude I know willing to train me, despite what our theological differences may be. I know he at least agrees to the "T" and "P" part of TULIP, but I have not grilled him on the rest, but seems to lean towards Calvinism. I really like him, and he exegetes better than any other preacher I have sat under, so I'm happy. I was surprised, as the way that church is ran is different that what I would expect than most CCs.

Anyway, I was saved in 2008, but I didn't become reformed until about 2010-2012 (my memory fails me). Since then, I have been studying more often the deep things of theology. A few months ago I realized that my knowledge of church history and knowledge of older theologian's writings was severely lacking. I usually would read/watch the modern Reformed stuff, like MacArthur and Sproul, but it stopped there. I decided to fix that by reading biographies on important men, and trying to read their writings. In the last six weeks I have read biographies on Tyndale, Calvin, Edwards, and Whitefield, plus some other books. I found myself frequenting PB to find out about these guys I am learning about. I have learned so much by checking out threads about who had inspired the people on PB, that I decided to make an account. Also, there are few Calvinists that I know of in my town, so I figured it would be nice to have some input from the people at PB. Thank you so much for reading and I look forward to getting more involved at PB.

Status
Not open for further replies.