Hello from Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry from Canada

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello,

My name is Henry. I am new to the board.

I have been asked to introduce myself. My case is unusual.

I joined this board because I wanted to find a place to get some questions answered on Calvinist and Biblical issues. I have researched extensively, however, I still have questions.

I was initially rejected from here because I do not belong to a church.

Reasons I do not belong to a church:

1) I have no car. Therefore, it is difficult to get to a church.

2) I suffer from a permanent, disabling and potentially fatal illness. This illness causes bladder dysfunction, walking difficulties, fatigue, etc. This also makes it difficult to go to church. (I can not work.)

3) I also suffer from osteoporosis. This illness renders me susceptible to broken hips, etc. (I hope to overcome this illness by Dec 2006)

4) I have not yet located a suitable church. This seems odd to many people, but on many issues I believe that most churches are at odds with the Bible.
Examples:
- women preachers
- divorced pastors
- men with long hair
- prophets with 50% accuracy
- falling backwards when prayed for
- teachings that God never hardens hearts

In my less disabled days, I checked out numerous churches.

There is a church 500 yards from my home. I don't think it is Calvinist, but I hope to check it out on a day when my energy levels improve.

I don't want to cause dissension in the group. If I don't belong, then just say so.

I would like to get some questions answered, however, if you don't want to, then no problem. I have overcome far greater obstacles.

Please don't let this reflect negatively on the person who approved my membership.

Henry

Bladestunner316

Puritan Board Doctor
Velkomen Glad to have you hear!!!

Im sorry to hear of your medical difficulties I will pray for you to recover.

In Christ,
Blade

LadyFlynt

Puritan Board Doctor
Poor Adam! :lol:

Cead Mile Failce, Henry! (That's 100,000 welcomes) I do hope you find what you are looking for here. And generally ppl aren't shy about answering questions here.

Puddleglum

Puritan Board Sophomore
Welcome, Henry! :)

LadyFlynt is right, people normally are quite good at answering questions here . . and the answers often get rather in-depth, with lots of referenced reading, so if you want to dig deeper, you can. :) Though a good-natured warning (you'll know what I mean if you read a couple of threads in the covenant theology / baptism forum) . . . beware of asking questions about baptism. :) You will get lots of answers, but those are some of the most heated debates on this board! :) (Don't be scared, though!)

(Does that count as an over-use of the ":)" face?)

Status
Not open for further replies.