Hello from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanGillMan

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello to all.

Looking forward to being blessed and edified through conversation on this board. Hello from Canada, the frozen north where we currently have less snow than many states. To introduce myself thoroughly - Reformed, Calvinistic, Theonomic, Reconstructionist, Post-millennial, Baptist, Follower of Jesus Christ. Not afraid to take on all the labels, though they come with some baggage I know.

Currently serving as an elder in my local church, and seeking to start a Christian school in the great city of Hamilton. Unfortunate (but not surprising) that the public system in my province is overrun by cultural Marxists who are intent on destroying all remaining influences of Christendom. Thankfully God is still on the throne, and "In every age he confounds all towers of Babel". In all the cultural upheaval I am seeking and praying for the grace to remain faithful in my time so that I leave legacy of faith to those who come after, especially my children.

Blessings to all.

BGF

Puritan Board Sophomore
. Thankfully God is still on the throne, and "In every age he confounds all towers of Babel". In all the cultural upheaval I am seeking and praying for the grace to remain faithful in my time so that I leave legacy of faith to those who come after, especially my children.
Amen, brother. Welcome to the board.

yeutter

Puritan Board Senior
Welcome to Puritan Board. Out of curiosity have your people looked at the Canadian Reformed Church schools? If so, what is their impression of them?

VanGillMan

Puritan Board Freshman
Out of curiosity have your people looked at the Canadian Reformed Church schools? If so, what is their impression of them?
There are many 'Reformed Church' schools around Hamilton and area. I have talked to people extensively about them, and there are some good and some bad. There are so many 'Reformed' denominations around here (United Reformed, Christian Reformed, Canadian Reformed, Free Reformed, Netherlands Reformed...) that I lose track of which school is affiliated with which.

I like the culture of Christian education that those denominations have and hope to promote it within my Baptist evangelical circles.

We are currently planning to homeschool, (our daughter is 3 1/2 years) but depending on how it goes we may enroll her in Calvin Christian School which is located fairly near to where we live. (I believe was started by the Christian Reformed churches). That is if there is space, enrollment has increased substantially over the past few years and that school is bursting at the seams.

I think a Baptist Christian school in Hamilton is still 4-5 years away unfortunately.

VanGillMan

Puritan Board Freshman
Out of curiosity have your people looked at the Canadian Reformed Church schools? If so, what is their impression of them?
I have talked to people extensively about them, and there are some good and some bad.
I should have said - there are some better than others. I think the worst of the Reformed schools around here is not really 'bad' especially when considered against the alternative of public education.

Status
Not open for further replies.