Hello Fellow Reformers

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ANT, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANT

ANT Puritan Board Junior

Just wanted to take a second to introduce myself to all of you. My name is Anthony (ANT for short) and I have been looking for a reformed forum to be able to learn and discuss theology with friends and fellow believers for quite some time now.

I have been a Christian for around 9 years now. I started out with some REALLY BAD theology, but by God's Grace, He has shown me the truth of the reformed faith. I have been reformed for close to 4 & 1/2 to 5 years now and still stand in awe of our Awesome, Sovereign LORD!!

I'm 33 years old and I have been married for going on 7 years now to my beautiful wife Susan. We have 5 children (all boys), Ages 3yrs, 5yrs, 15yrs, 17yrs, & 19yrs old. (There is NEVER a quiet moment in my house unless it's after midnight!) :candle:

I have been reading the Puritans for around 5 years. One of my favorite Authors among them is Christopher Love. He had such an amazing testimony. I have read several books of his that have been published by Soli Deo Gloria, and they have benefited me immensely.

I look forward to reading and posting will all of you. I'm no scholar, but I have studied quite a bit for a layman and I'm sure that I will learn tons from all of you.

See you in the posts!

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by ANT]

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by ANT]

2. fredtgreco

fredtgreco Vanilla Westminsterian Staff Member

Hello, Anthony!

:welcome:

Please take a look at the Signature requirements for the Board. You can get there from the link in my signature!

I hope you enjoy your time here!

3. Me Died Blue

Me Died Blue Puritan Board Post-Graduate

Welcome to Puritan Board! I enjoyed reading about your journey to the Reformed faith.

4. BayouHuguenot

BayouHuguenot Puritanboard Amanuensis

:welcome:

5. Scott Bushey

Scott Bushey Puritanboard Commissioner

Welcome to the board Anthony! I am sure that God has providentially brought you here amongst us. May you be blessed as you share precious time with us.

6. Abd_Yesua_alMasih

Abd_Yesua_alMasih Puritan Board Junior

Welcome:)

7. fredtgreco

fredtgreco Vanilla Westminsterian Staff Member

Thanks Anthony!

I look forward to interacting with you - especially since I am the father of 3 boys: 7, 6, and 3!

8. ANT

ANT Puritan Board Junior

Thanks everyone for the quick and warm welcome.

Sorry Fred, for not reading thoroughly the requirements for the signature. Is my Avatar OK, or does it have to be a picture of myself? I haven't had time to look into that.

I always look forward to learning from other men who have experience being fathers and I will share whatever I have learned also. I kind of stepped right into fatherhood (like walking into a wall - It hit me hard all at once.) When I first met my wife, she already had 3 boys (then 8, 10 & 12.) We were married shortly after we met (like 9 months.) Then within another 3 years we had 2 more children of our own. So, within my first 3 years of marriage, I was facing the responsibility of being a father to 5 children, with a couple of them already going into their teenage years. I have made plenty of mistakes, but the LORD really has given me grace, and a whole house full of wonderful boys. I have no complaints. I feel priveliged that the LORD has trusted me with this responsibility!

9. Me Died Blue

Me Died Blue Puritan Board Post-Graduate

Your avatar is fine. And don't worry about the signature - barely anyone has it at first, and you added it faster than people usually do!

10. Puritan Sailor

Puritan Sailor Puritan Board Doctor

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

11. ANT

ANT Puritan Board Junior

I'm glad to be here. It's been so long since we've talked. It'll be nice to do some catching up with you. Your little girl is so cute in that flower outfit. Here is a recent picture of my family and I .....

[​IMG]

Sorry the picture is a little blurry. It's the best I have for right now.

12. SmokingFlax

SmokingFlax Puritan Board Sophomore

Welcome Anthony. 5 boys wow! 'Looks like a real handful...

13. PuritanCovenanter

PuritanCovenanter Moderator Staff Member

Did you ever want any girls? I did. All three times God gave me boys. I aint complaining now that they are older and it is just me and the boys. This is what my boy's like to do to me.:deadhorse: God save us.
    For Christ's Crown and Covenant, Randy

14. bigheavyq

bigheavyq Puritan Board Freshman

Hey ANT,
    I live in the clearwater area in dunedin
    we should get together, I know of some reformed bible studies in the area.

15. bigheavyq

bigheavyq Puritan Board Freshman

hey ant email me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.